Bombardier Traxter Hitch mount ?

/ Bombardier Traxter Hitch mount ? #11  
Nice looking well thought out system.

/ Bombardier Traxter Hitch mount ? #12  
That hitch looks pretty solid. I have never had any issues with my hitch though but all I ever tow with it is a 55 gallon drum full of water in a 17 cubic foot trailer. I have pulled my empty hay wagons (9x18 steel kicker wagons) with it as well and a few other farm implements but everything is on flat ground for the most part and driveways so there isn't any major stress from twisting and such like you would encounter driving through a woods while pulling a trailer. Either way, you will be fine now.

I really do like my Traxter XT. I wish they still made them as the seat cutout is great. Its easy for me to get on and off of and my daughter has a great spot to sit when she goes out with me to the pens. She puts her feet up in the cut out and just sits there cradled between my legs and arms so she is well protected and can see where were going :)

/ Bombardier Traxter Hitch mount ? #13  
This is more like it and what I should have done in the first place. The capacity of the tongue weight has got to be equal to or greater than the towing capacity. This thing is bullet proof now.

I'm happy the way it came out, it fits like a glove, all 10 mounting holes (5 on each side) line up perfectly with the OEM axle / differential bolts. If it didn't take me so long to make this darn thing I'd sell them for a living :laughing:

Larry

Nice hitch. Looks similar to my design. This is my father-in-law's bike and he also found out that the factory hitch was too light for pulling a trailer around the farm. Your design provides a nice skid plate for the rear diff. I opted to go without a skid plate.

Attachments

• IMG_5897 (Large).JPG
    IMG_5897 (Large).JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 1,668
  • IMG_5898 (Large).JPG
    IMG_5898 (Large).JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 872
   / Bombardier Traxter Hitch mount ? #14  
I just made a replacement hitch for this. If there is interest I will make more.

Attachments

• bombardier hitch.jpg
    bombardier hitch.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 584
  • bombardier hitch.2.jpg
    bombardier hitch.2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 521
  • bombardier hitch.3.jpg
    bombardier hitch.3.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,201
  • bombardier hitch.4.jpg
    bombardier hitch.4.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,222
Last edited:
   / Bombardier Traxter Hitch mount ? #15  
Hello, nice job, I would be interested in one of those rear hitches. regards

/ Bombardier Traxter Hitch mount ? #16  
I would be interested in buying a hitch-mount as well.

/ Bombardier Traxter Hitch mount ?
Hi Guys,

Yes I can make a few more of these. Just PM me to work out the details.
I never thought there would be this much interest or that other Traxter 500 owners were out there needing a decent receiver hitch.
I'm looking forward to making a few more sets.

Larry

/ Bombardier Traxter Hitch mount ? #18  
Good afternoon, I am looking to see if you still are making these hitches. Its exactly what I am looking for. If so how much how soon etc. etc.
Thanks in advance

/ Bombardier Traxter Hitch mount ?
Blackbearsk,

Thanks for your interest and PM. You are in luck, I just so happen to have one more set of plasma cut pieces that can be welded into a hitch. In order to do that I have to disassemble the rear end of my ATV to use as a welding jig. With all the hitches Ive made I'm starting to wear out my ATV's bolt threads. With that said, this will be the absolute last hitch I make and wish to close out this thread forevermore. It will be a few weekends before I can get to it due to prior commitments.

I will PM you details - Larry

/ Bombardier Traxter Hitch mount ? #20  
Hello,

Do you have anymore of these Traxter hitches? Let me know

thanks
J