Kawasaki Mule 610 Rant!!!

/ Kawasaki Mule 610 Rant!!! #1  

Podunkadunk

Veteran Member
As some of you know from my posts (just a couple) I recently bought a Mule for my wife. She needs it to easily tend to the animals etc. and get around the property.

We got it a couple weeks ago. Upon my wife driving it, she came back to the house telling me that she didn't like it because it was "weak". I asked her why she thought it was weak, she responded "because it doesn't perform well on hills and wouldn't climb this little hill I was on". She had been out on it by herself, I just figured she didn't have it in low, or 4wd...

I haven't driven it much, but yesterday we happened to be out on the same trail she had previously been on. We were accompanied by our neighbors who had just bought a new Kawi Mule 610 4x4 a few days ago.

Our Mule wouldn't go the places there's would, so I got to doing some checking. It felt like our 4wd shift lever wasn't connected to anything. Upon further review and subsequent removal of the front plastics (to access the underside of the dash) GUESS WHAT?

Yep, you guessed correctly! The 4wd cable wasn't attached to the lever, nor had it ever been. Whomever was on the assembly line that day was asleep. I quickly connected it, put the plastics back on and voila, it worked like a champ.

We are climbing hills and going through mudholes that before were unaccessible.

Just wanted everyone to know, I'm bored...it's raining out. We love our Mule and don't know how we ever survived without one around our little farm. Later,
Podunk