Check Out My HPX

/ Check Out My HPX #11  
i made some for my hpx john deere don't make nuthin for thier stuff so if you want it you gotta make it. i made bed rails witch u don't see how i ever got along with out. and i made a back rops rack for mine it holds about 200lbs i made the light rack for my lights too. i have the same cab you have so if you need something made we can work something out.

1003834in6.jpg

1003835en4.jpg

/ Check Out My HPX #12  
here is a picture of the light rack and the rear rack. one picture is of the lightrack when it was being built so it was not finished. and you can see the bed rails i made in the picture everything is made fronm solid round bar i don't use pipe or tubing.(that stuff bends to easy ) them bed rails are really nice for binding down loads .
1002503cg7.jpg

1002472mt8.jpg

tmp5536lm4.jpg

/ Check Out My HPX
I especially like the CV guards. I had seen them in a previous thread (its been a while maybe even ridesidebyside) what thickness of diamond plate did you use and what'd you cut the curves with?

Thanks alot,
Tim

/ Check Out My HPX #14  
i used a jigsaw and a 3lbs mall/3"pipe. you have to bend the plate over the pipe so it will fit around the hub. one side is completly flat(the short side) and the tall side is the side that will have to be curved around the hub. . but the plate is 1/8th . you could make them come out a little further and just go straight up but i think it looks better to have the curve in it. i think it took me about 2 hours to make them from start to finish.i'm makin a bracket for the a-arm too i'll post a picture of that when i get it mounted . it goes on the a-arm and connects to the frame and suports the rear a-arm bolt. i don't know why the john deere people didn't do this but i'm gonna put one on mine cause i have alot of play on the rear a-arm bolt.if you want to see what i'm talking about look at where your a-arm bolts to the frame the front of the a-arm is inside a socket type where the bolt slides through it. but the rear doesn't the whole force of the a-arm is on the bolt. my new bracket is gonna support that bolt.i done wore out two sets of rear bolts on mine so for and this should stop it. the a-arm should go up and down not front and back too and if you take the tire off and shake the a-arm you will probably notice it moves from front to back a little because of the no rear suport.

/ Check Out My HPX #15  
here is a picture of the a-arm you can see the front bolt is suported on both sides i am gonna make a bracket to suport the rear bolt on both side instaed of it just not having any suport at all.
1004467hx7.jpg

/ Check Out My HPX #18  
how well does your hpx go in the mud and water? I have a hpx but have never got the belt wet, does it still go or just slip? any pics?

/ Check Out My HPX #19  
Tommy has an enclosure so it doesn't get wet. ;) I used to be able to go through water up to/above my floorboards when crossing a stream on my diesel though. It would sometimes have trouble getting up the otherside but I would just sit there for a few seconds for the water to clear off enough.

/ Check Out My HPX #20  
My buddy has an HPX that when he is plowing with his lights on the battery goes dead. I had the battery tested and it is fine. Does JD make a dual battery kit? -Keith