XUV Blues

/ XUV Blues
Thanks for the replies...I'm going to get some 27" wheels and tires on here soon. I'll post the progress. Everybody staff safe.

Sweeter

/ XUV Blues #12  
I can tell your dogs were more anxious than you about getting it.

Nice machine. If your anything like me, you'll wait until your supremely stuck in the mud before you order the 27's. What I'm saying is I'm a tightwad and I'd like to see what the stock wheels will do. I don't have any deep mud on my place. So far, my FIL's 2WD HPX only needed a small push one time.

I like your grill, is that to keep the dogs off of your cheeseburger? Or maybe to keep them from drooling into your barleypop?

/ XUV Blues #13  
sweeter said:
Well the dealer squared it away....I got my call that it was ready not a few hours after my original post. I was able to log about 2 hours on it last night. I really like that diesel motor.

Rock on.

Sweeter

How does the Diesel compare to the gas engine? Is it smoother with less vibration, or the other way around? I'm looking hard at an XUV and heard that the diesel runs smoother than the gas, which is the opposite of what I would have expected. So far I've only been able to try a gas model first hand.

/ XUV Blues
Hayden,

I have tried my neighbors gasser..we both have 07's...I dont see much of a difference other than mine feels like it has more torque and it seems to have more top end. The main reason I went with the 850 was all vehicles that I own are diesel. My truck, my wifes truck, and all my tractors run on it and I have a 300 gal. tank so for me I felt this was the better gator for my needs.
Give them both a spin, the gasser is a little cheaper.
Take care.

Sweeter

/ XUV Blues #15  
If the diesel had a clutch enclosure I would prefer it over the 620i gas.
For my needs an enclosure is a must. I ride in lots of mud and water.

My brother has the diesel and it does have more grunt~!

/ XUV Blues
Skip...I'm glad you brought that up, That is one big plus over the diesel. I use mine for farm and going back and forth to the neighbors. Keep that in mind Hayden if you are going to be off road **** raisin'

Sweeter

/ XUV Blues #17  
Thanks, I had not picked up on that difference. We won't be using ours in major bushwacking or river fording, so I don't think it's a huge consideration.

Somewhere I read that the diesel ir smoother with less vibration that the gas. That would matter to me and make me consider spending the extra $1000 on the diesel, but unless I can confirm a significant difference, I'll probably end up with a gas model.

Next step is to call around to see if I can find someone who has a diesel in stock that I can try.

/ XUV Blues
Kyle in Tex,

The rear screen is for both...I'm a tight wad as well even though my wife would disagree with that. I've read numerous post that talk about how weak these stock tires are. We're running corn in right now and I have been taking the gator around the fields and the downed stalks haven't caused a problem yet but as soon as one of these tires go down I'm spending the money to get better tires and 27 inch wheels so I can be pimpin' in the country.

Sweeter

/ XUV Blues #19  
Weak ? Cornstalks ? Hardly, the way you are running this machine there is no need to get better tires. My 6x4 coulda done that.

/ XUV Blues
Darkday..
Thants good to know...just reading some of the post on here led me to believe that they were only a few ply tires and that they blow somewhat easy. I hope that's not the case.

Sweeter