bx rims bar treads

/ bx rims bar treads #1  

Nwood

Hi,
So I think I have figured out what tire/rim combo I want on the rtv900.
Dealer says its OK to go 26-12-12 on the RTV with bx rims, but will only put the R-4's on. (dealer owner runs this setup).
What I want is the rims with carlisle tru power tires on them (4 or 6 ply). I think the bar tread will come in handier than the r4 in my rocky, wet, stumpy, steep, snowy terrain.....

1) Is the offset the same on the rtv rims and the bx rims?
2) What is the width of the rtv and bx rims, looks like the bx rims might be wider.
3) Should I mount up the tru powers on the rtv rims or go for the bx rims?
4) Maybe the rtv rims and a wheel spacer kit to get the offset if required?

I used to think tires were simple. FWIW I have eliminated the ATV type tires, there is no way the sidewalls will hold up where I run.

Thanks and I am open for input on this one.

s4ndjq.jpg

Carlisle Tire & Wheel Company

/ bx rims bar treads #2  
Not knocking anything, but the depth of the tread on these tires I'm a lookin' at on this thread, doesn't look no deeper than the atv kubota tires I just took off my new RTV.

I wouldn't go under a 6 ply.

I myself, installed the ITP 589 M/S 27"

My second choice was the Essex Surefoot, they are really aggressive tires also, but the only reason I didn't purchase those was the reason the Surefoots rides so dern ruff ... The 589's made the RTV 900 ride smoother, but still had deep lugs on the threads ....

/ bx rims bar treads #3  
I haven't seen the RTV with the R4's that are on the new 2350's, but I have seen them with the bar tires and wheels, no spacers from the earlier BX's, wicked looking machine.

Attachments

• FS05-7 (Medium).JPG
    FS05-7 (Medium).JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 221
   / bx rims bar treads
I see what you mean about the tread depth on the carlisles. 589's look like they will shred my trails to bits. Maybe there is no good compromise between shredding your trails and being able to get around. I was thinking the 12" wide with bar tread would be a little easier on the ground and still allow me to get through.
I had discounted the 589's as a light duty atv tire, but I see they weigh in at about 30+ lbs each like the carlisles and are 6 ply rated. 500 lb rating of the ITP threw me, but am beginning to understand its about what pressure you run them at. I do like the idea of going to 27's. Size matters in the rough stuff.

Anyone running 589's in boulder fields? any sidewall issues?

Two guns, what rims you running?

/ bx rims bar treads
Milkman,
Any word on how that rtv got around with the bar treads?

/ bx rims bar treads #6  
ITP RIMS
One -Piece aluminum
Seems something like it was a type four C-Series
One of the strongest aluminum rims on the market !!!!

Tuff as the devil, and shines really good too >>>>

These were suggested from a man who runs the fire out of his RTV in some of the toughest places you could imagine. Last year, before I purchased my RTV, I rode with him in some really bad places. And this tire and wheel combination is exactly what he has, that's what sold me on them instantly.
They will get you there for sure.

/ bx rims bar treads #7  
Nwood said:
Milkman,
Any word on how that rtv got around with the bar treads?

That RTV was a the Farm Machinery Show and it belonged to one of the exibitors that was selling aftermarket lights, it had a turbo and twin stacks, don't know how it did. With the weight of the RTV it should have some good traction, of course the 589's should also.