Mule 3010 windshield

/ Mule 3010 windshield #1  

Jimbrown

Veteran Member
Tractor
KIOTI LK30
Well I needed a windshield for my Mule 3010 Trans. I did not like the price of the factory one and also wanted one where the front storage compartment would still open. I searched around and found this one from EXTREME METAL PRODUCTS. https://rs325.securehostserver.com/~extremem/osCommerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30&products_id=125&osCsid=38d954a1bef17ddea5c785316fc1965c

It looked similar to one that is one my golf cart so I ordered it. It arrived a week later in this nice carton.

Inside were the windshield in two pieces, hinge, and hardware to install it, and an instruction sheet. The instruction sheet left a lot to be desired. One page with what was supposed to be pictures. It looked like the 300ed copy of a copy, just some black smears on the sheet. The written instructions were OK but referred to the pictures that were useless.

The instruction say to install the hinge onto the two pieces of windshield and to use soapy water and a rubber mallet if necessary. That's it. You are left to figure that out. I tried sliding on from the side. No Go.

I struggled for 30 minutes or better and finally soaped it down and managed to drive the hinge on with a piece of wood and rubber mallet. Was not easy.

The next step was to mount the windshield. Right. As soon as I picked it up the bottom part fell off. Soapy water I guess. I was frustrated so I mounted the top part with out the bottom. It was not too hard and two people could do it a lot easier. I would suggest that if anyone else does it to wash all the soap off before you try to pick it up.

I drove it this way for a couple of days. I would be alright this way in the summer but in winter the air coming under the bottom was too cold. So I mounted the bottom half. It took a while to figure out how to get it to mount to the hinge but I finally just pushed it on and used a small piece of wood the force it on. No Picture.
Here is the complete windshield.

The top part mounts with what appears to electric conduit hold downs. There are rubber washers between the plastic and the hold downs. It seems OK. The bottom is held on by the hinge and Velcro.

You can also see the hinge here. I do not have a good feeling about the hinge as it is just held on by friction and no glue. The one on my golf cart is glued.

Last you Velcro the bottom of the windshield to the top of the hood. Not real pleased with this either but it seems to work. Not sure what will happen over rough ground.

The instructions say not to trailer the Mule with the windshield on it. I am sure it breaks from the wind. I do not trailer mine so it is no problem but if I had to take it off to trailer it I would just throw it away.

Over all it seems like is going to work. I say it is an average or fair product. Not sure how it will stand up to any rough going. I can just see it cracking around all of the hold down screws. Time will tell.

Last edited: