Attachments for Diesel 6X4 Gator

/ Attachments for Diesel 6X4 Gator #1  

ghia1

First, since I'm new to the forum, let me say hello to all.

I have a question relative to an '01 6X4 Diesel gator that I recently bought. It's called a Worksite model and, as such, it's an all yellow gator instead of the typical JD green. I was surprised by that fact when I went to check it out prior to purchasing it. The Deere salesman that took it in on trade tells me that the difference between it and any other '01 6X4 Diesel is basically only that it has a beefier frame. However, based on the fact that it seems limited to very slow speeds, I've since come to suspect that it's also geared quite a bit lower than other '01 6X4 Diesel models.

In any case, I'm looking to buy, used I hope, a snow plow for the gator. I've done some searching on the web but then thought that a forum is the right place to ask for plow suggestions. I understand, from the salesman, that I'll still need to add a second set of front shocks/struts along with other components that, from Deere, could add up to more than $1800.00.

Have any of you attached a plow to the front of your gator and, if so, can you suggest a source for the necessary components?

Darn, that's a pretty long-winded post for such a simple question. I'll keep any future posts as short as possible.

/ Attachments for Diesel 6X4 Gator #2  
I have a 4x2 gator. And have a plow on that I never added any heavy duty shocks or anything. The dealer told be I would have to, but I never did and it is just fine. A new blade from john deere would cost you about $1,300

/ Attachments for Diesel 6X4 Gator #4  
ghia1 said:
However, based on the fact that it seems limited to very slow speeds, I've since come to suspect that it's also geared quite a bit lower than other '01 6X4 Diesel models.

Is it slower than 18 MPH? That is the standard speed for the 4X6 Gators, gas or diesel.