Ranger vs Kubota video..

/ Ranger vs Kubota video.. #1  

Skipholiday

Platinum Member
Tractor
2520 John Deere
Ranger looks good.

I wonder how it would do against an XUV?

No doubt it would win on top speed and a few other categories.

/ Ranger vs Kubota video.. #2  
The suspension, 4wd and bench seat is why I have been leaning towards Polaris. Since I have been hurt the suspension has a lot more importance to me then before and it meant a lot before.

I am still wondering about the 6x6 Polaris but I don't think I can go with a larger tire on the 6x6 if I ever wanted to as the rear wheels are very close together. I would love to demo the 4x4 and 6x6 Polaris at the same time.

/ Ranger vs Kubota video..
The comparison is one sided.
I'm sure Kubota could make one to reflect that they are best.

Top speed, the bounce test and the 4 wheel drive test of the Ranger were convincing.

John Deere had a similar video showing how they were the best.

In my honest opinion I think they are all good. :D

/ Ranger vs Kubota video.. #4  
I agree, I know Polaris is going to highlight what they excell at and in this case their highlights are what I was most concerned with.

I also plan to demo a Trekker and a Mule and if the Kubota dealer is willing I will try one of them out also. I do worry about the weight of the Kubota as my ground is quite soft from the late fall till late spring and a heavy vehicle will tear things up a lot more then a lighter one. What the Kubota has going for it so far in my view of things is its motor and the reputation for Kubota reliablilty. I would like a diesel but only for the fact I can fuel up at my tank and it is a lot cheaper then gas.

/ Ranger vs Kubota video.. #5  
Heck,
They are many great utitliy vehicles out there !!!! It's just what one wants to spend, and what his applications are for the unit !!!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

/ Ranger vs Kubota video.. #6  
What a ridiculous load of crap ! Cold weather starting comparison ??? What, no fuel consumption comparison ?? Kubota's "loaded weight" over a ton ??? No mention of Polaris' "loaded weight" ??? Certainly a comparison i'll take into account next time i'm looking for a UTV that i'll be running over lightbulbs with !!!!!!

/ Ranger vs Kubota video..
Robert_in_NY said:
What the Kubota has going for it so far in my view of things is its motor and the reputation for Kubota reliablilty. I would like a diesel but only for the fact I can fuel up at my tank and it is a lot cheaper then gas.
Kubota also has the nicest cab and instrument panel of any utv imho..

TWO GUNS said:
Heck,
They are many great utitliy vehicles out there !!!! It's just what one wants to spend, and what his applications are for the unit !!!

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Agreed. Like I said about tractors. Only bad one is one that won't run..:)

Ductape said:
What a ridiculous load of crap !
Certainly a comparison i'll take into account next time i'm looking for a UTV that i'll be running over lightbulbs with !!!!!!

You don't have light bulbs on your trails?? :p

/ Ranger vs Kubota video.. #8  
I heard it gets cold in Canada so I can see the cold weather starting comparison being a valid comparison.

The light bulbs were used to demonstrate the ground clearance being greater on the Polaris. If it was a stone it would just scrape but with the light bulbs it is more dramatic and telling when the RTV hits them and the Ranger doesn't come close to scratching them.

Any head to head test put out by an OEM is going to show their product in the best light. It only makes sense as they want to sell their product.

I don't have the stats in front of me and I don't feel like looking them up right now but the RTV is a lot heavier from the factory then just about every other UTV out there. I think the RTV is close to a ton while the other UTV's are around 1500 pounds. I think the ranger is even lighter.

What good would a fuel comsuption comparison do in this case? If the RTV diesel is that much better then I am sure Kubota's salesman will compare it but don't take these things so seriously. It is no different then a brochure highlighting their good points.

/ Ranger vs Kubota video.. #9  
TWO GUNS said:
Heck,

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Agree 100%:)

/ Ranger vs Kubota video.. #10  
Skipholiday said:
The comparison is one sided.
I'm sure Kubota could make one to reflect that they are best.

Top speed, the bounce test and the 4 wheel drive test of the Ranger were convincing.

John Deere had a similar video showing how they were the best.

In my honest opinion I think they are all good. :D

I had a Polaris and wound up with engine problems right after the time warranty went out even though I only had about 60 hours on the engine. Polaris wouldn't even sell me the parts to fix it at dealer cost, so I fixed it myself and sold it. My Kubota may be a little slow and a little more bumpy, but it's the rabbit and the hare syndrom, not to mention my "Bota" gets about 5 times better fuel mileage than the Polaris. When they are doing 40mph and run out of gas in 20 miles, I'll still be going past 100 miles...just chugging along.