New Honda UTV Big Red

/ New Honda UTV Big Red #1  

aesanders

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 2320 with loader(going by by), BCS 830 2 wheel tractor, Gravely Pro-Turn 160 XDZ, John Deere Gator HPX 615e
I was browsing Honda's website and came across this:

Honda's new 2008 models

Anyone have anymore detail on this. It looks like it is built really well from the photos.

/ New Honda UTV Big Red #3  
I love their small engines. I have one on a swisher mower and it starts just fine just using the pull start. The battery died last winter and instead of getting a new one I just pull it every time. If you get fresh gas and put stabil in it the thing starts in 1 pull every time. I could hardly even get a JD generator going when I had a battery. It would take forever, a sore arm, and a lot of swearing.

/ New Honda UTV Big Red #4  
honda sure has a reliable engine .if i had to hang on to my hpx and had to drop an engine up in it i think i would look for a honda replacement.

/ New Honda UTV Big Red
I have a Honda car and generator. Both extremely well made. I found a site that says it should be out this summer. Cool... It will be interesting to see how it stacks up to the other major UTV players...

/ New Honda UTV Big Red #6  
It will be interesting to see how the automatic transmission works. It doesn't sound like a CVT like the others, they say on the site. "smooth-shifting automatic transmission".

/ New Honda UTV Big Red #7  
we have discussed this in an earlier thread, too --

-- to me, it looks like a nice unit, but not very heavy duty (a lot of plastic) and also somewhat small.

they're going for the 1/4 acre lot crowd, maybe -- but to me, it looks very entry level.

/ New Honda UTV Big Red #9  
Honda's been using an Automatic Transmission, not a CVT in their big utility ATVs for several years now. They have a reputation for being very durable.

/ New Honda UTV Big Red #10  
You are exactly right, we also run Honda Rubicons on the farms, and NEVER have had any problems at all. We do service the units by the book !!!

But now that we are talking about Honda, I've own many, many Hondas since 1967, when my father purchased my first , that's seems like a zillion Hondas ago, but never, have we ever, put one in the shop for repairs. Honda is a superior machine, and if their utility vehicles are just half of what their three & four wheelers were ( are ) around our farms, they are going to be one tuff machine to beat !!!!

Matter of fact, there are plans for the farms next spring, to invest in several more utiltiy vehicles, I know there's going to be at least two more RTV's showing up, maybe the third being a Honda, that has already been discussed here >>>>

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D