rtv 1100

/ rtv 1100 #1  

joe496chevy

Tractor
Kioti DK65sc, kubota rtv 1100
I just bought a new RTV 1100, and looking for some input.

First off, I would like to add a radio, but the Plug they use has been hard to locate one. I could buy the kubota kit, but its $365 and the radio is only about $80. They are making some serious $$ on that kit. Also I could hard wire it but I hate to hack up the factory harness. I have a picture of the plug but I can't figure out how to post.

Second, I would like to add a snow plow. But kubota does not have any subframes left for the 1100 and according to my dealer they wont have them unti february. Anyone (dealers) have one in stock?

/ rtv 1100 #2  
If you don't mind, could you tell me how your 1100 speced out and roughly what it cost? I am hoping to buy a UTV in the spring and am building an inventory of knowledge right now so when the time comes I have a good idea what to expect.

Congrats on the new machine and I wish I could help you with your two questions but hopefully Neil can jump in and assist you some. Also, if you can fill out your profile or at least post where you are located so others know and if someone is close they might have a good idea what is available in your area to help you.

/ rtv 1100 #3  
Congrats on your new RTV and welcome to TBN..

Lots of rtv owners here. I am sure someone can help you out..

/ rtv 1100 #6  
joe496chevy said:
I just bought a new RTV 1100, and looking for some input.

First off, I would like to add a radio, but the Plug they use has been hard to locate one. I could buy the kubota kit, but its $365 and the radio is only about $80.

That radio is a sealed off-road radio. It will take dusty conditions and beating around much better than an off the shelf CD-player will. Thats not to say that others won't work, they absolutly will. An RTV is a rather tame enviroment compared to a farm tractor or excavator. While I'd agree that its not a $365 CD-player, it is probably a $225 CD-Player.

/ rtv 1100
Neil, please explain to my why a sealed radio is really needed in this unit? It has a cab I don't see it getting much dirt in a radio in this situation.

/ rtv 1100 #8  
Joe, I think he was just explaining why the radio cost so much not that the RTV needed the enclosed radio.

/ rtv 1100 #9  
Cut the plug and hard wire it. $365 for a radio is nuts, I spent much less and got a am/fm/cd/ipod compatible stereo and four speakers. Sounds great.If you look at my previous post of my stereo install for my 1100 I tell which wires go where. hope this helps.

/ rtv 1100 #10  
Hard wire the dern thing .....
Love Kubota, but some of their accessories prices are really embarrassing....

Like the work lights for these units, the worklite they offer are great, but the prices are crazy, they want way over $100.00 per set., when I went to the tractor supply store, got as good or better lights, more durable, and they cost me under $ 26.00 >>>>> a pair <<<<<<<

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: