Comparison Reviews by ATV Illustrated Reviews of BEST UTV's

/ Comparison Reviews by ATV Illustrated Reviews of BEST UTV's #1  

rox

Veteran Member
I read this interesting article and thought it was pretty interesting
They selected the BEST UTV's on the market and I think did a very nice job.

ATV Illustrated - PUBLISHER’S UTV PICKShttp://www.atvillustrated.com/?q=node/713

The Club Car really caught my eye with the front end hydrauhlics, bucket fork, etc for $14,000 MSRP. so I read this review
ATV Illustrated - Club Car XRT1550 IntelliTach
Up on top of this page right before the rreview click on to watch the video.

I liked the fact that the Club car had the Kubota engine.

This magazine provides a lot of value in their reviews I think.

They don't come up with the one and only as being the BEST. They give you features and then say which equipment is the BEST for that feature.

I thought you TBN'rs might be interested and thought I would post.

/ Comparison Reviews by ATV Illustrated Reviews of BEST UTV's #2  
wtf --

The only other UTV not included from a major OEM was Kubota. We致e heard about problems with the Kubota utility vehicle, but didn稚 take them seriously until a request for a routine test was denied. Consequently, without independent testing, we refuse to confirm or deny the vehicle problems we致e heard concerning the RTV900 & 1100.

/ Comparison Reviews by ATV Illustrated Reviews of BEST UTV's #3  
They were maybe mad for the reason Kubota wouldn't donate a machine, or maybe they just couldn't afford one >>>

I really don't believe that statement, even if they made it about any other utitltiy vehicle, or anything other machice, as far as that goes >>>>>

/ Comparison Reviews by ATV Illustrated Reviews of BEST UTV's #5  
Have ya'll noticed, Honda is calling it a MUV (MULTI-USE VEHICLE )
utility and recreation vehicle

I still believe that my RTV, wrote the book on UGLY !!!!

/ Comparison Reviews by ATV Illustrated Reviews of BEST UTV's #6  
Club car is owned by Bobcat and I am fairly certain the Club car model you are looking at is the same as the Bobcat 2300 UTV. Basically, it is a baby Toolcat:)

/ Comparison Reviews by ATV Illustrated Reviews of BEST UTV's #7  
eric and his rtv said:
wtf --

The only other UTV not included from a major OEM was Kubota. We致e heard about problems with the Kubota utility vehicle, but didn稚 take them seriously until a request for a routine test was denied. Consequently, without independent testing, we refuse to confirm or deny the vehicle problems we致e heard concerning the RTV900 & 1100.

Eric, they said this results are from their testing of UTV's for the last two years. It is possible the "problem" is what a lot of the RTV guys have been complaining about in regards to the transmission locking up which is why Kubota put that pressure releif thing a magig on the dash.

As to why Kubota didn't loan an RTV for testing it could be any number of reasons. I am not sure how popular ATV Illustrated is but maybe Kubota didn't think enough people read them to warrant shipping a test machine out. Or maybe one of the ATV Illustrated writers insulted a Kubota reps mother and things turned ugly. But what I really think happened is John Deere paid ATV Illustrated off to not test the RTV and write that paragraph in turn to gain more sales (and it most likely would work too since JD was rated best in class Cab because the 1100 wasn't there;) )

/ Comparison Reviews by ATV Illustrated Reviews of BEST UTV's #8  
Robert,
My local Huquarvna dealer told me that their Husky utility vehicles are made from Club - Car >>>>

/ Comparison Reviews by ATV Illustrated Reviews of BEST UTV's #9  
Hey guys, I was looking at the review on the Trekker and saw this about the suspension system.

SUSPENSION / TRACTION SYSTEM
The four-wheeled independent suspension is one area where the Treker truly excels. It’s one of the more advanced types for any UTV currently available. Up front are McPherson struts and in the rear is an independent trailing arm suspension with coil-over shocks, the only one of its kind in the UTV segment. It rides as well as a Ranger and we felt that it carries weight better, despite having a rated capacity of 100 pounds less. The 900-pound carrying capacity is on the high end of all UTVs in this class. More than once we climbed steep off-camber, rocky areas that other UTVs had a tough time with, and finished the climb due to the Treker's ability to keep all four wheels in ground contact. Hats off to Land Pride’s engineers for the suspension system.

Now what is so different between this system and the Rangers and is there any potential problems with the Trekkers suspension?

I will be honest, if I was to choose a UTV based on dealers alone it will be either the Trekker or the Husqvarna as I get along great with both of these dealers and they honestly do care about their customers. So I guess I am kind of hoping these machines do well when I test them this spring.

As for the Husqvarna 4421DXP, is there anyone on here that has one? It can be bought with the Kubota diesel with what looks like a good 4wd system with auto locking front and rear differentials. And it is orange which will stand out well on the road. The bench seat looks narrow which won't be too much of an issue as Ava is only 3 and I don't expect her to take up much room for a while so she should be able to fit in the middle of two adults still.

I really do dislike making decisions as I would like to own one of each of the UTV's as they all have strong points. The Trekker from the review seems to be a good machine for getting in and out of all day but for off road use that low height might hurt it.

I must seem like I am rambling and I most likely am but I would love your guys input on these machines as the Husqvarna is something I haven't really looked at before because you don't hear much about them. If there is anything you guys see about them that catches your attention (either good or bad) please let me know as it will give me something else to look at.

Here is the writeup on the Trekker ATV Illustrated - LAND PRIDE TREKER 4420ST

Husqvarna ATV Illustrated - 2007 HUV4421DXP --- Th New Husqvarna XP

/ Comparison Reviews by ATV Illustrated Reviews of BEST UTV's #10  
TWO GUNS said:
Robert,
My local Huquarvna dealer told me that their Husky utility vehicles are made from Club - Car >>>>

That would explain the Kubota diesel then. Did they say anything else good or bad about them? You had to like the fact they had a Kubota diesel and were orange:D I like the way they look and the 4 headlight setup.

Maybe its the fact I am wearing an orange shirt right now but I want to go to my Husky dealer tomorrow and buy one (but don't worry, I can't do that as I don't have much money right now until I go back to work:D )

I really am looking forward to spring when I can start testing these machines for real:)