Gas or Diesel

/ Gas or Diesel #1  

cat2

Bronze Member
Which one and why. Thinking about a new HPX 4x4.

/ Gas or Diesel #2  
Diesel because it will fit your needs a whole lot better. ;)

/ Gas or Diesel
thats what i thought too. do you think the price of the hpx will go down any because the xuv's are out? what would a hpx cost? diesel power dump front brush guard floor mat bed liner

/ Gas or Diesel #5  
cat2 said:
thats what i thought too. do you think the price of the hpx will go down any because the xuv's are out? what would a hpx cost? diesel power dump front brush guard floor mat bed liner
That was supposed to be read with a lot of sarcasm... You never told us your needs so how can I make a recommendation based on your needs?

The price already went down. For the cost go to JD website and fiddle around with their "build you own" utility.

/ Gas or Diesel #6  
What are your needs?

Any deep water crossings?

The diesel hpx doesn't have a clutch enclosure option.

Diesel engine should outlast the gas model.

it all depends on your needs.

/ Gas or Diesel
Sorry about that. I live on a farm. I drive around alot looking at the crops, pull empty wagons around, pick stones, plow snow in the winter, haul fire wood for the neigbor, thats all i can think of now. if i think of anythig else i'll let you guys no. Right now i have a 4x2 gator. No there isn't any deep water

/ Gas or Diesel #8  
Sounds like you will be using your machine more for work than play; go diesel.

/ Gas or Diesel
the hpx will let me do way more things than the 4x2 could even dream of.

/ Gas or Diesel #10  
If you get by with a 4x2 you will be amazed with a hpx. Diesel will get a bit better milage and if you have a diesel tank sitting on your property that uses the non road tax diesel you will be saving money. If you don't have a diesel tank it might be worth looking into the gas for the money saved in the initial purchase. If you plan on keeping it for years and years the diesel would also be in your best interest.