how much more does boreing an engine give you??

/ how much more does boreing an engine give you?? #1  

TOMMYHPX4X4

Veteran Member
Tractor
gator hpx 4x4
i was wondering about how much more power a bore job would give me if i got the two cylinders bored on the hpx?? i can go 1over2over3over or 4over does it add to the cc's ?do i have to re jet the carb? no there is no problems with my engine i was just thinkin of doing some mods to it thats all.i have 587 hours on it. i know when i rode dirt bikes (2strokes) it gave a big increase in power so i was wondering what it would do to a 4 stroke?i have been givin that 27hp/29 kawasaki engine a thought for a long time the deminsions are the same and the shaft is the same too so i think it might just fit right in if my engine ever does completly dies. if not i got a torch and a welding machine to make it fit.lol

/ how much more does boreing an engine give you?? #2  
Must of been some time ago when you were boring the cylinders on motocross bikes as all the major manufacturers now have nickasil lined cylinders which makes the bikes basically unborable. I suspect that the engine in your machine may be lined as well. There are some companies in California that will bore and reline cylinders, but it is expensive and usually not worth it for performance gains. Normally the guys who have it done toasted the cylinder and just want to bring it back to spec. Generally, its cheaper just to buy a whole new cylinder.
I would be wary of boring bigger cylinders on a two cylinder motor because vibration can be a real issue. Point is, it much cheaper and easier to find some ponies by making the intake and exhaust on a 4 stroke less restictive. You might also want to look into a cam with a grind for more torque and hp and jetting on the carbs(unless its fuel injected).

/ how much more does boreing an engine give you??
the last thing i had bored out was my sons 2001 yamaha blaster.i was just thinkin back to the old days when we would take off the jug and bring it in have them bore it out drop in a over sized piston and man we would have a new boost of power.i was thinkin of takin my exhaust off and cleaning it out and doing some work to it too. i just got a wild hair up my you know what when i was takin the starter out to do some engine mods to it i finally go my shed cleared out so i can get it back into it to start doing fab work on it again . gonna park it by the raod during the day and fab on it at night lol. i'm starting a rear bumper right now and maybe a new front bumper too. i really need to do something with that unsealed flywheel cover. i wish they sold a sealed up one some where. what was they thinkin selling a mudd utv with a un sealled cover like that??? oh whell it was the first year for the hpx's i think and you know what they say about the first year on every thing they are testing them out.lolproblem is they still never sealed them off.