Green vs. Orange

/ Green vs. Orange #21  
lol. i just rebuilt the starter and rubber coated it with some liquid tape. she spins over like new now if it wouldn't have been for the starter that day i could have takin the chunk of mudd out and restarted it. but it was the day for the starter to go out so now it's new again.plus shipping would eat you up to new york.lol

/ Green vs. Orange #22  
TOMMYHPX4X4 said:
lol. i just rebuilt the starter and rubber coated it with some liquid tape. she spins over like new now if it wouldn't have been for the starter that day i could have takin the chunk of mudd out and restarted it. but it was the day for the starter to go out so now it's new again.plus shipping would eat you up to new york.lol

I was just going to fly down there and drive it home:D

/ Green vs. Orange #23  
lets see right now she's doing about 29mph or maybe 28mph now that would take a while to get to N.Y.lol then comes the gas issues i think she gets around 8 hours to the tank but then again your gonna be runnin on the interstate and uphill sometims too so that will have an affect on it i better put an extra gas can in the back for ya.lol i heard people say that deisels get better mielage so i tried switchin over but the engine just wouldn't start so i had to drain the tank and go back to the regular old gas thing again.i have a buddy who runs cars on the track maybe i can get afew gallons of that ethanol or racin fuel i thinks it's alcohol that might speed her up some.lol

but getting back to the seriouse side i try to sell her one day or should i say 30 minutes a day one day a week.lol she just don't stay by the road that long before i go back and get her and take off.if she sells she sells if she don't she don't . i got a price on my two back fenders and they want over 100 bucks for the pair so i'm thinkin of makin a set out of diamond plated aluminum floorplate the same size and shape just out of aluminum.i got my ppe i just need to get my 90's for my rear bumpernow that thing is gonna look nice .

/ Green vs. Orange #24  
I was hoping you wold make a custom fuel tank that would fit in the bed and hold about 100 gallons. Of course I would let you fill the tank with some rocket fuel to help bump the top end to 30mph:)

I know the problem you have trying to sell it. What helps is you need to buy another UTV and then you find the hpx will spend more time by the road for people to see. Have fun.

/ Green vs. Orange #25  
we could get mikey to retro fit us a blower on the engine .i have been thinkin of the idea of pure oxegen injected into the carb in little amounts just to richin up the oxegen content. i been wanting to try it on a little briggs engine but i never rigged anything up .lol if you put to much oxegen you will blow the engine up.

/ Green vs. Orange #26  
TOMMYHPX4X4 said:
we could get mikey to retro fit us a blower on the engine .i have been thinkin of the idea of pure oxegen injected into the carb in little amounts just to richin up the oxegen content. i been wanting to try it on a little briggs engine but i never rigged anything up .lol if you put to much oxegen you will blow the engine up.

Thats an idea, he lives on the other side of the state from me so he could drive over and we could fly down together and ride back up together and if something happens to the turbo on the way up I have an expert to fix it:)

/ Green vs. Orange #28  
I am on my fourth new Gator and now have the XUV. I know it was totally overloaded but I had it filled with 3/4 rock road pack to where it was heaped in the center and running off the sides. I'm sure it was nearly a ton of rock. It is also rated to pull like 1500 pounds. I can pull over 200 bushel of corn with a total load of over 13,000 pounds and that is on grass not rock or pavement. I am a firm believer in the JD quality and stamina. The RT 900 will do what you need it for but the XUV has a fun side as well with it being a lot better on the trail, faster speed and acceleration, more nimble, true 4 wheel drive for the mud and snow, etc. The RT 900 is a workhorse, the XUV is both a workhorse and a sportier machine.

Another thing to consider is the ergonomics of both machines. I looked at the Kubota pretty hard before I bought but I am a big person and had a hard time getting on and off because of how those handles and seat guards are in the way on the drivers side. I get on a off a lot and that was very important to me. There is also more leg room on the Gator with more comfortable seats. Nothing big to some but things I looked at other than just how much it can hold or how much it weighs.

/ Green vs. Orange #29  
Kahuna said:
I am on my fourth new Gator and now have the XUV. I know it was totally overloaded but I had it filled with 3/4 rock road pack to where it was heaped in the center and running off the sides. I'm sure it was nearly a ton of rock. It is also rated to pull like 1500 pounds. I can pull over 200 bushel of corn with a total load of over 13,000 pounds and that is on grass not rock or pavement. I am a firm believer in the JD quality and stamina. The RT 900 will do what you need it for but the XUV has a fun side as well with it being a lot better on the trail, faster speed and acceleration, more nimble, true 4 wheel drive for the mud and snow, etc. The RT 900 is a workhorse, the XUV is both a workhorse and a sportier machine.

Another thing to consider is the ergonomics of both machines. I looked at the Kubota pretty hard before I bought but I am a big person and had a hard time getting on and off because of how those handles and seat guards are in the way on the drivers side. I get on a off a lot and that was very important to me. There is also more leg room on the Gator with more comfortable seats. Nothing big to some but things I looked at other than just how much it can hold or how much it weighs.
Gators get no respect. :)

/ Green vs. Orange #30  
I don't think a person could go wrong buying either one of these machines unless they really wanted a very specific use for it. I know from my experience on some of the steep trails on my property that when it gets wet and that red dirt gets muddy that a Ranger or Rhino or XUV would be better. Instead I plan accordingly and make adjustments and eventually do plan on upgrading from the original ATV tires to something like the 589's. However when I am in a tight spot or just taking a leisurely drive I sure do love the power steering and the I don't think theres nothing better for the steep downhill sections than the "engine braking" of the VHT transmission. I was leaning heavily toward buying a Ranger when I stumbled across the Kubota. I am sure that if I had bought the Ranger or a Deere I would be just as happy but would have to adjust to each of their strengths and features. Really I wanted to post just to show a recent picture of my RTV in use.:)

Attachments

• Snowing and 15 degrees.jpg
    Snowing and 15 degrees.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 206
  • Loaded with Locust.jpg
    Loaded with Locust.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 228