HPX VALVE Adjustment

/ HPX VALVE Adjustment #1  

roughhpx

Has anybody ever had to adjust there vavles on there HPX? Mine is running fine but the person I got it from did absolutly no maintince on this thing so I think it should be done. Also how often does your guys Fan kick on on your gator mine has not kicked on yet? I think there is a issue. I will look into that today. Tommy I picked up a new clutch for 30$ on EBAY SWEET huh? Replaced ujoints in drive shaft and 1 carrier barring. Now I need to replace one u jount in the front axle shaft may look into doing that today as well.

/ HPX VALVE Adjustment #2  
i am ashamed to say that i have never adjusted the valves on my hpx. although it still fires right up on the first crank and it don't give me no probles so i figured why mess with something that ain't broken but they probably do need to be looked at .good going on the clutch. as for as the fan i would check into it cause mine kicks on even in the 28 degrees weather it kicks on28 grees has been the coldest i have rode it so anything colder than that i don't know about. on the u-joints you havin to cut them welds off right? are you rewelding them back on or you putting them on another way.

/ HPX VALVE Adjustment
Well this morning I went out to the garage and fired up the kerosene heater to get ready working on the gator. half hour later went out to the garage and found if full of black smoke something is wrong with my heater so no work today. U joints- mine were not welded on the drive shaft that is not sure of the axle shaft. (Drive shaft is pain in the but to remove) there is little c clips that hold on the caps of the u joint. I took it out in the snow last night about 2 ft of snow. does fine as long as you don't hammer on it. when you hammer on it it gets the belt all wet. Right now I have no belt protection. I think it is suppose to have some kind of enclosure or something but the guy who (Serviced) the old clutch ripped it off. ALso having a issue ingaging into 4x4 the lever is very difficult to move, requires a pry bar to engage and disengage????? don't want to do it a whole lot so I keep it it 4x4 all the time.

/ HPX VALVE Adjustment #4  
might be something in the way of the lever if not try giving it the gas while pulling up on the lever or pushing down on the lever and when you let off the gas pedal it should drop right in place .i know mine sometimes does the same thing it will go all the way up to all most the top but it will stop so i give it a bit of gas while i still have my hand on the lever and when i let off the gas peddle the lever pops right up same thing with disengaging it.

/ HPX VALVE Adjustment #5  
So how do you adjust the valves? i need to do this on my 4x2 gator

/ HPX VALVE Adjustment #6  
with a vale adjuster!!! no just kidding i don't know i would go to the dealer and get a manual on the kawasaki engine and go from there.as for the adjusting you can do that yourself if you had the book . i seen it done before on other engines and it didin't look that hard the hardest part was having the info on the procedure. i know johndeer don't have books they have cd's with the manuals on them but if you was to go to a kawasaki dealer and ask for a manual on a mule with the same engine you could probably get a shop manual book.