Another RTV 1100 Turbo

/ Another RTV 1100 Turbo #1  

chuckbuck

Following Mikeyd lead I installed a TD03-7G turbo on my new RTV1100.

After getting everything fabricated and bolted on i fired it up and to my surprise is was not getting any boost. The turbo is brand new and I checked the waste gate to make sure it was not stuck open for some reason.

I have a 2 1/2 inch exhaust so there shouldn't be any back pressure problems.

Any one have any ideas why this turbo is not pumping air????

Thanks,
Chuck

/ Another RTV 1100 Turbo #2  
Was the engine under load? A turbo won't build boost at idle. On my F250 Powerstoke I can run at 55 mph steady throttle on flat ground and the boost guage will read 0. If I start up a grade or roll in the throttle the boost will come up. If I step on it hard it will hit 22-25 psi.

Chris

/ Another RTV 1100 Turbo
firefighter9208 said:
Was the engine under load? A turbo won't build boost at idle. On my F250 Powerstoke I can run at 55 mph steady throttle on flat ground and the boost guage will read 0. If I start up a grade or roll in the throttle the boost will come up. If I step on it hard it will hit 22-25 psi.

Chris
yes it was under load. I did find a leak in on one of the flanges on the exhaust and now i'm getting 3 psi boost. still too low.

Any one have any ideas why i'm not getting the right boost.

REgards, Chuck

/ Another RTV 1100 Turbo #4  
Gotcha,

When I put a boost guage on my truck I got in and revved it up and nothing. I thought, "I know this thing is making boost". Then I took it down the road. Guess it was just me.:rolleyes:

Chris

/ Another RTV 1100 Turbo #5  
Check out the last Dyno on the RTV1100, Stock vs Turbo.
Also, The emissions was reduced from 18.2% Peak Opacity down to an amazing 11.2%

You can see it on our site rtvturbo.com

Or Direct:
Kubota RTV1100 Turbo -Vs- Stock - 12-02-10 With Smoothing

Travis Imel
travis@swaginc.com
swaginc.com