How's a Yamaha?

/ How's a Yamaha? #1  

firedog

Gold Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 300DTC
Planning to purchasing a 2nd 4-wheeler. Currently have a Kawasaki 300 prairie 4x4, and really like it. I'm not partial to any specific brand, but did find a good deal on new Yamaha grizzly 350 IRS 4x4.
I'm not familiar with Yamaha's, but then I wasn't familiar with the Kawasaki's either. It's mostly for trail riding (my son pretty much dominates the KZ) and a few menial chores.
Looking for some pros & cons. Any issues? Problems?

Thanks.

/ How's a Yamaha? #2  
YamahaATV1.jpg

Mine is a 1987 and never had any trouble with it. Everything is still original except battery and tires.

/ How's a Yamaha? #3  
I believe Yamaha makes very reliable machines. I also believe Honda, Kaw and Suzuki makes good machines. Quality on the major manufactures is good all around. I have Yamaha 450 Kodiak for several years without any repairs whatsoever. Have had hondas atvs also without complaints. Get what suits your needs. I am always cautious of any new model with major changes regardless of who makes it.

/ How's a Yamaha? #4  
All the major brands are virtually bulletproof and hold their resale. I always owned Honda's and never had problems with them. Yamaha, Kawasaki, Polaris etc are all great machines. It comes down to personal prefence for the most part. Saty away from the chinese TSC models though. just my opinion. Honda pics on my website...

http://homepages.roadrunner.com/outdoorsman/

/ How's a Yamaha? #5  
It comes down to personal prefence for the most part. Saty away from the chinese TSC models though.

I second the stay from chinese models

I prefer polaris myself

/ How's a Yamaha? #6  
radman1 said:
I believe Yamaha makes very reliable machines. I also believe Honda, Kaw and Suzuki makes good machines.

Yup, I'd agree.

/ How's a Yamaha? #7  
johnk said:
All the major brands are virtually bulletproof and hold their resale. I always owned Honda's and never had problems with them. Yamaha, Kawasaki, Polaris etc are all great machines.

I agree. Except I wouldn't put Polaris on up there with the others. I think they have a ways to go befor ethey are as bullet proof as Honda, yam Kawi, Suzuki.
Anyhoo, I have a Yamaha Rhino that I have beat the bejesus out of and it still runs good. I also race GNCC's ( 3 hour race through the woods) and I ride a YZ250. it is a total tank and I have never had one minutes trouble with it even though the races are just brutal on equipment...

/ How's a Yamaha? #8  
firedog,

In the past 40 years we've owned nothing but Honda's and Yamahas. We currently have the Rhino, YZF450 that my son races and a TTR90 to play around with, my daugther takes it to the horse shows with her, she's 15 years old. You can't go wrong with the 2 choices there great machines.

Malvern

/ How's a Yamaha?
Thanks for the comments.
I figured Yamaha was a good machine, but it never hurts to ask. (Sometimes there are always those little glitches you have to watch out for.)

Was hoping to pick one up the 1st of May, but have to wait on the tax numbers from our accountant. (taxwise, we're still a little upside down in our business. May end up selling an ATV instead of buying.:eek: :eek: :eek: )

/ How's a Yamaha? #10  
Dargo.....What's with the "smiley" faces whipping and taking bloody bites out of the animal? Is it supposed to be a live cow? It is humorous in a sick kind of way.