what to buy my husband for the big 60

/ what to buy my husband for the big 60 #1  

pfarmmom

JD XUV or Kubota 900. Live on 100 acre farm so vehicle will be used for heavy work and recreation. Want hydraulic lift, glass window on front, the big cargo bed. High speed isn't an issue. My husband is brutal on things. We need durability. Think I want diesel, but have heard both vehicles are loud. On the kubota, I'm not crazy about the hydrostatic drive--I think that's what it's called. Do you get used to that? Thanks for helping me out.

/ what to buy my husband for the big 60 #2  
i don't think you could go wrong choosing either one. i currently own an rtv and really like it. i am sure i would also be satisfied with the john deere.you do get used to the hydro transmission. you can buy a coast valve that stops the engine breaking if you don't get used to it. i would recommend test driving both and buying the one a felt most comfortable in. the john deere dealers in my area are more geared to row crop farmers and the kubota dealer seems to understand more what the weekend or hobby farmer wants. thats the way it seemed to me anyway.

/ what to buy my husband for the big 60 #3  
heavy work and play i would go with the rtv . now if you was doing a 50/50 work play maybe the gator . but i think the rtv might fit you better it sounds like you need a heavy worker and if your husband does want to play in any mud the gator diesel don't have a belt enclosure so he won't be going to far. atleast with the rtv you'll never have to worry about belts slipping in the water plus you could get the hand throttle for the power and the beds are bigger on the rtv. check out compact tractor review . com they have alot of infor on the rtv's there . i'm not knockin the gators i own a hpx and it'as been a very reliable but i think the rtv just might be what your lookin for .

/ what to buy my husband for the big 60 #4  
pfarmmom said:
JD XUV or Kubota 900. Live on 100 acre farm so vehicle will be used for heavy work and recreation. Want hydraulic lift, glass window on front, the big cargo bed. High speed isn't an issue. My husband is brutal on things. We need durability. Think I want diesel, but have heard both vehicles are loud. On the kubota, I'm not crazy about the hydrostatic drive--I think that's what it's called. Do you get used to that? Thanks for helping me out.
I would buy a Kawasaki 3010 mule or Kubota RTV 900.I have owned both and they are fine machines with very few problems.coobie

/ what to buy my husband for the big 60
Anyone know of any other option than the bench seat on the rtv900?

Bigdeere--where in TN are you from. We're right outside Knoxville.

Thanks all for the help

/ what to buy my husband for the big 60 #7  
pfarmmom said:
Anyone know of any other option than the bench seat on the rtv900?

Bigdeere--where in TN are you from. We're right outside Knoxville.

Thanks all for the help

we are just south of nashville. if you get this way you can put our rtv through its paces to see if one would be right for you.

/ what to buy my husband for the big 60 #9  
i think all other utv deisel's have the encosures for thier utvs but john deere . the best part of the rtv's are there is a guy who makes very good custom made parts for them and very cheap too .lmao but he makes parts for any utv he can get measurments for i heard but he mainly dose rtv's

/ what to buy my husband for the big 60 #10  
I vote for a Kubota RTV as I have one and love it. Not speedy but gets mucho miles per gallon, like around 90.