I have gone Ranger Crazy

/ I have gone Ranger Crazy #1  

ddivinia

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 5525 and 5093e Kubota SVL75
I bought my wife a Ranger Crew with the addition of our latest kiddo. The John Deere Gator HPX does not have enough seats. I kept the Gator for myself and she got the new rig:

.Mac Web Gallery

Well, I had a guy call me offering me a slight used Ranger Crew. Slightly as in 1.1 hours on the meter. They bought it to use as a mold for some new products. It was clean when I picked i up, but I had projects to get after. Split 3 cords of wood. Here are some pics:

.Mac Web Gallery

I need some more accessories!

Yes, the Gator is now for sale.

D.

/ I have gone Ranger Crazy #2  
Darin,

What a nice machine. I like those crew Rangers and could really use one myself. My only problem it the number of very tight places I have to shimmy into and the crew Ranger might be a bit long. In Texas though, I am sure you can pretty much get the machine in most desired places without trouble. I bet the long wheelbase with the fully active suspension means a very smooth ride on rough terrain.

John M

/ I have gone Ranger Crazy #3  
good going. you gonna be the ranger man . for the next huricane evacuation we gonna call you being you have the only 4 wheel drive buses around.lol. you can have a family reunion on wheels almost.

/ I have gone Ranger Crazy
jcmseven said:
Darin,

What a nice machine. I like those crew Rangers and could really use one myself. My only problem it the number of very tight places I have to shimmy into and the crew Ranger might be a bit long. In Texas though, I am sure you can pretty much get the machine in most desired places without trouble. I bet the long wheelbase with the fully active suspension means a very smooth ride on rough terrain.

John M

It is long, so I need to make sure I have bumpers and fender guards. I am debating putting bed fender guards on.

My Gator beats you to death compared to the Ranger, but it can get into some small places.

D.

/ I have gone Ranger Crazy #5  
True, my old HPX Gator (which I sold to get the XUV I currently use) was very durable and easy on fuel. It was also a reliable work vehicle. But--boy did it beat up the driver when the terrain was not good. The new XUV's ride better, but I am not sure if they ride as well as the Ranger--which I know rides pretty well. I have honestly thought about going with a Ranger for a UTV because with the amount of running I do on out little travelled country roads the high top speed would be nice. We also have a Polaris dealer just down the road from us, and my parents who have had several Polaris products live less than two miles from their dealer also. I have kept the XUV because it pulls great and is very heavily built and I think for low speed pulling and hauling is tough to beat. I also am close friends with my JD dealer (literally--not just due to business ventures) and this keeps me going JD green. It is hard for me to justify trading away a piece of equipment I like and that has given me good service, but I really like that bench seat and the lighter sprung weight of the Ranger for running. Sometimes I think I need two UTV's but for me that would be wasteful and probably would land me sleeping under the stars (after seeing them).

John M

TOMMYHPX4X4 said:
good going. you gonna be the ranger man . for the next huricane evacuation we gonna call you being you have the only 4 wheel drive buses around.lol. you can have a family reunion on wheels almost.

I hear ya. These Rangers are nice for taking clients around the ranch showing cattle, etc.

D.

jcmseven said:
True, my old HPX Gator (which I sold to get the XUV I currently use) was very durable and easy on fuel. It was also a reliable work vehicle. But--boy did it beat up the driver when the terrain was not good. The new XUV's ride better, but I am not sure if they ride as well as the Ranger--which I know rides pretty well. I have honestly thought about going with a Ranger for a UTV because with the amount of running I do on out little travelled country roads the high top speed would be nice. We also have a Polaris dealer just down the road from us, and my parents who have had several Polaris products live less than two miles from their dealer also. I have kept the XUV because it pulls great and is very heavily built and I think for low speed pulling and hauling is tough to beat. I also am close friends with my JD dealer (literally--not just due to business ventures) and this keeps me going JD green. It is hard for me to justify trading away a piece of equipment I like and that has given me good service, but I really like that bench seat and the lighter sprung weight of the Ranger for running. Sometimes I think I need two UTV's but for me that would be wasteful and probably would land me sleeping under the stars (after seeing them).

John M

It sounds like you should stick with the XUV.

I needed more room. I wish JD would get with the program on that front. Heck, how about stretch the frame and put a bench seat across the back. Of course the bench folds up to exposure one huge storage area. The Polaris seat kind sucks - wish it was hinged or something.

D.

/ I have gone Ranger Crazy #8  
you need a set of 26'' bighorns on chrome wheels like i put on my red ranger. i sure wish i had your rangerware cab.

bigdeer2000 said:
you need a set of 26'' bighorns on chrome wheels like i put on my red ranger. i sure wish i had your rangerware cab.

Got pics of those wheels?

The rangerware cab is nice. One thing - it does block some rearward vision. They do make one high quality product.

D.

/ I have gone Ranger Crazy #10  
i would keep the xuv the way you talk you need a utv thats built like a tank and runs a bit smoother than most and thats the xuv. i don't think the ranger can come close to doing what the xuv can"work wise" now the ranger will out play the xuv but it won't out work it. did you ever consider a air shock replacement for the xuv? they make air shocks for small cars and they just might fit and it would soften up the ride even more. i thought about them on my hpx but never got around to it.maybe now that i have another utv to ride while the other is parked i can get around to doing some mods and repairs. but i would hang onto the xuv atleast for another year and see what comes out i can't make no promises but i'm thinkin of getting into the hpx/xuv market too it's gonna be months from now maybe longer but it's gonna happen and i'll make anything fit on them lol. so don't sell out to soon.

jcmseven said:

John M