rhino knockoff ain't to bad

/ rhino knockoff ain't to bad #2  
I know I'm probably on the wrong side of a losing battle, but I have a problem with knockoffs and the disregard of intellectual property. This isn't the first and won't be the last copied product we see, and I don't have much regard for the company that comes along and duplicates an item. They take advantage of someone else's ideas, time and money in research, design, development, and trial and error. They also can't get everything right, whether it is a material spec for a part, an incorrect tolerance, or understanding the true function of a component that they did not design. There will be some area where the knockoff does not measure up to the original. Worst case scenario, this can jeopardize the safety of the operator.

I will give credit to the sales guy in their video, he is upfront that it is made in China and that it is like a Rhino, but not an actual Rhino. Unlike other knock-off products that try to hide that they were made in China.

If Yamaha had a hand in making the Scorpion to try to capture a lower priced market, then my comments don't apply to this.

I'll get off my soapbox now...

/ rhino knockoff ain't to bad
well what happened probably is they are useing a rhino engine but if you look at the rear of the frame it is diferent from a rhino. if you look at the terex from kawasaki they are pretty much copying the rhino but they fixed the rear dif with a support and they also fix a few other things that the rhino owners have been complaining about. and this rhino look alike is a good example because the rhino owners have been wanting more spedd with the stock rhino's and more hp and these people are delivering it with 50hp and the rhino has 40hp. then they put a top speed of 55mph and the rhino is 42mph. now if you was to take and mod this engine you could probably get alot more speed than the rhino.

now look at me i look at a design of something that someone builds and i read the forums and listen to their compliants about it and i build one with the mods that the guys want and are asking for. am i coping no because i am improving the product and it's not the same one the other guy is selling . the stuff i make is way better and i make sure of it before i even advertise it. it would be like if you made a pencil and everyone was saying man this is nice but it needs an eraser if you don't listen to the customer and just keep makin the plain pencil and i come around and see where everyone likes this thing but they want a eraser on it guess what i'm gonna make a pencil with an eraser on it . is that copying no it's improving a product. alot of companies don't listen to the customer they just make one thing and say this is it take it or leave it and thats not the way to go. if the people in china can make a utv that looks like a rhino but out performs it for a cheaper price i say more power to them.it's up to yamaha to listen and improve their rhino i have a 08, 700fi rhino but if i had the money i would buy one of these scorpions in a heart beat. if people don't wanna buy a knock off utv then they will not buy the tyrex because all the tyrex is is a beafed up rhino with all the improvements that the rhino owners have been asking for.

/ rhino knockoff ain't to bad #4  
Knockoffs- I just read a story somewhere about a company designing some piece of equipment and having it produced in China. They then found out the factory was selling them the ones they produced for them and selling the identical product out the back door for less to others. They were not happy and found there was very little they could do about it. Apparently laws about such in China are pretty weak.

/ rhino knockoff ain't to bad
i'm pretty sure they could have went to the filed some kinda papers to get them to stop the importaion of them. but then again you can make a 99%copy of something and change just a few little things and walla it's not a 100%copy so your legal . but then you could look at the dragon fire cdi's for the rhino's other companies are putting their names on it and selling them as thiers. same thing with generic drugs same product diferent name.some knock offs are better and some or a piece of you know what. sorta like the shoes from mexico when my mom and dad go to mexico to get their meds filled and vacation they pick me up 4 or five pairs of shoes they sell them down there for 2 and 3 dollars a pair and they look just like our shoes and they last me about 2 years thats 4 pairs . i can't afford to pay no 60.00 or 70.00 for a pair of shoes . and i wouldn't because i can ruin a pair in ones if i go mud riding it's alot cheaper to pop on a pair for 3.00 . now i do have a few pairs of air jordans but i don't where them just every day and i got them for free( one of my sons parents work for a well know shoe store).

there are copies of just about everything look at the value time stuff they sell thats all copies of a name brand some are good and some aren't so good. me i beleive if you can make something better then go ahead but if all your gonna do is steal an idea and not improve it or change it for the better then leave it alone.

/ rhino knockoff ain't to bad #6  
TOMMYHPX4X4 said:
i'm pretty sure they could have went to the filed some kinda papers to get them to stop the importaion of them. .

That is assuming they were also being sent to the US, maybe they were being sold in Pakistan or Brazil or BFE or who knows where. The point being the chinese factory had no ethics and nobody makes them have any.

/ rhino knockoff ain't to bad #7  
Skyco said:
Knockoffs- I just read a story somewhere about a company designing some piece of equipment and having it produced in China. They then found out the factory was selling them the ones they produced for them and selling the identical product out the back door for less to others. They were not happy and found there was very little they could do about it. Apparently laws about such in China are pretty weak.
I'll probably get in trouble for this comment but a handshake from the Chinese is worth little . Regardsless of what people may think of the Japanese , their word is their bond . Their ancestors would disembowel themselves if they dishonoured themselves . And i have found they are still honourable people , the Chinese are a different story .

/ rhino knockoff ain't to bad #8  
Take apart a Chinese engine and look at the internals. It's pitiful what they use for metals. They cast nearly everything. You know what they say, you pay up front or you pay on the end. Either way, same deal.
I own one of these Chinese buggies. It's put together with ducttape and bubblegum, but the price was right and it's fun as heck. Just don't expect much in the way of long lasting:
034.jpg