Making Front Clearance Lights Work On Gator HPX?

/ Making Front Clearance Lights Work On Gator HPX? #1  

Funkster

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 3120 w/ 300CX FEL
I just installed the deluxe light kit on my HPX and noticed that only the rear tailights come on with the first switch setting and not the front clearance lights. I noticed that the front clearance lights have a dual fillament bulb and thought something was wrong since they weren't working until I called Deere. How dumb is that? So has anybody made the front clearance lights work? They have three wires going to them and am sure it could be done if I knew what wire to tap on the switch and light. Any help would be AWESOME!

-Funkster-

/ Making Front Clearance Lights Work On Gator HPX? #2  
Define clearance lights? On a HPX they don't have clear lights built into the turn signals like the T series. Do you want the turn signal lights to light also? If I know what your up to I might be able to track down a wiring diagram.

/ Making Front Clearance Lights Work On Gator HPX?
The deluxe light kit adds orange clearance lights up front in the place of the yellow reflectors. I noticed that they have a 2-way bulb in them, but only one fillament is used for the hazards and turn signals. The kit also has you install a new headlight switch that is a 3-way. The first setting is off, second setting is like a parking light feature but only the tailights come on. The third setting is the headlights. So I'm wanting to make the front clearance lights work on the second setting with the tailights, the way it should have been. Hope this helps clarify. I've noticed a couple others have made the same comment about this on other posts, but was wondering if anyone has figured it out yet. Thanks.

-Funkster-

/ Making Front Clearance Lights Work On Gator HPX? #4  
I'm going to try to attach the diagram. The lights in question are only used for turn signals right now. I never looked to see it they would support being a running light also. If it does have a dual element and three wire harness it could be possible. The wiring diagram doesn't show any extra wires.

Attachments

• TM1736Electrical235.jpg
    TM1736Electrical235.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 8,202
  • TM1736Electrical236.jpg
    TM1736Electrical236.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 10,022
   / Making Front Clearance Lights Work On Gator HPX? #5  
830 pink circuit is the marker circuit from the light switch. You need to find if it comes out to the X15 light connector. If it does than connect your wire there if not then get it from the rear connector. Hint print he pages out so you can see them.

/ Making Front Clearance Lights Work On Gator HPX?
Thanks for the response. I'm going to try to hook them up this weekend and see what happens.

-Funkster-

/ Making Front Clearance Lights Work On Gator HPX? #7  
Your welcome. Let us know how you make out. I'm curious.