Kawasaki Mule

/ Kawasaki Mule #1  

loopyl

I was wondering if I could get some advice.
I have just started to look for a UTV for my property. I have 200+ hilly acres about a mile long. I need something for hunting, tree work and occassional rides with my family. I don't need fast but prefer 4 seats. From my research I have found 3 options: Polaris Ranger, Kawasaki Mule and Bad Boy (electric). I was leaning towards the Mule and was visiting dealers yesterday. Neither of them had Mules but were Kawasaki dealers with Teryx's. One dealer said that was because Mules are not recommened for off road. My questions are:
1) Are there any other reasonable 4 seat options?
2) Would I be happy with the Mule going up and down trails or would that be a mistake? Was the dealer just trying to steer me away from something he didn't sell?

/ Kawasaki Mule #2  
Maybe his idea of "off road" is different. From what I've seen, they are perfect for putting around on trails and working around the farm. He may mean that many people are wanting faster machines for trail riding with 4 wheelers. The Mule lacks the suspension and speed that many people are looking for. For what you want, the Mule would seem perfect.

/ Kawasaki Mule #3  
Mules are not recommened for off road

Sounds as if someone is pulling your leg. My brother had a Mule and we went through mud and water, briars, over brush piles, etc., and hauled many loads of dirt with me loading it with the front end loader on my tractor until it was falling off the sides and back. I had a neighbor who would never buy a new car, pickup, or tractor; always bought older equipment, but after I took him through the woods, through ravines, and over brush piles finding and repairing fence problems, he promptly went and bought a new Mule.

I would assume there are other UTVs as good, but I haven't used any of the others personally.

/ Kawasaki Mule #5  
i think the dealer is full of crap and just making excues as to why he doesn't have them...

if you have no need for sport riding, then a mule will do for you....they are pretty much utility....

/ Kawasaki Mule #6  
I don't have a Mule now but I did have one for a couple of years. Only reason I traded for the RTV 900 was I wanted the more rugged Kubota. Only problem I ever had with the Mule was a stuck valve. I liked it A LOT.:D

/ Kawasaki Mule #7  
loopyl said:
I was wondering if I could get some advice.
I have just started to look for a UTV for my property. I have 200+ hilly acres about a mile long. I need something for hunting, tree work and occassional rides with my family. I don't need fast but prefer 4 seats. From my research I have found 3 options: Polaris Ranger, Kawasaki Mule and Bad Boy (electric). I was leaning towards the Mule and was visiting dealers yesterday. Neither of them had Mules but were Kawasaki dealers with Teryx's. One dealer said that was because Mules are not recommened for off road. My questions are:
1) Are there any other reasonable 4 seat options?
2) Would I be happy with the Mule going up and down trails or would that be a mistake? Was the dealer just trying to steer me away from something he didn't sell?
I would also look at the Kubota RTV 900 & 1100 UTV,s I have a 2006 RTV and love it.I also had a 2002 mule 3010 4X4 that was a great machine & problem free.Look and drive them all,see if any of the dealers would be willing to bring one of there machines to your property so you can test it out on your terrain.Good luck.coobie

/ Kawasaki Mule
I got a price for a 2008 4 seater camo mule for $9500. I that a little high?

/ Kawasaki Mule #9  
the new 4010 series mule has power steering.

/ Kawasaki Mule #10  
loopyl said:
I got a price for a 2008 4 seater camo mule for $9500. I that a little high?

I think you got a good price. That is the same price I paid for my green 3010 Trans 4x4 two years ago. By the way, we love ours and use it all the time. It is a real workhorse.