Gas or Electric Golf Carts

/ Gas or Electric Golf Carts #11  
My cart is Yamaha 48 volt it has 6 batteries @ 8 volts each. The cart has alot of power and runs along time between charges. We bought it 5 years ago and the batteries where not new. So for 5 years I didn't have to buy any gas,oil,sparkplugs or do any maintanice or repairs to a gas engine or clutch, but it sure hurt to have to dish out $125.00 each for new batteries.
Thanks, eddy622611
Probably a premium for 8V batteries. You might have been able to get 8 x 6V batts cheaper. Also, I would charge more often if you have a smart charger. Deep cycling shortens life. Just be sure to check the fluid level more frequently.
larry

/ Gas or Electric Golf Carts #12  
I bought a used Yamaha gas G16 in the spring. Put new kingpin bushings and a drive belt in it and a trailer hitch. I have used it 10 times more often than my 4 wheeler. Pulls a cart, one of my dogs likes to ride on the seat with me. Lots of parts on eBay. I run it about a mile per day to exercise the dogs on trails on my property. The neighbor threw out a Lil-Tykes sandbox that is perfect for attaching it on the back end instead of a rear seat. I put front and rear lights on it, too. Used about 3.5 gal of gas all summer. Much longer range than an electric. Also quite a bit lighter than an electric. Very quiet for a gas motor. Best thing I ever bought (disregarding my tractor and bass-boat). I do worry a bit about rolling it over on the side hills, so get one with a top.

/ Gas or Electric Golf Carts #13  
It really depends on your use although both gas and electric can be highly modified. I like gas for increased torque and they are pretty quiet if they are running properly. I've attached a few pics of my current project, it's a 2001 Yamaha G16 gas.

I had the dealer put on the lift kit but did everything else myself. What I like about it is the body in covered in the Rino material so It's s tough as nails. I take the kids through some trails around the house and they have a blast!

I also have a hitch coming for it so we will be able to pull a trailer around the yard. It's not done as of yet, a few more mods to go.

Attachments

• Dad's New Toy 007.jpg
    Dad's New Toy 007.jpg
    767.1 KB · Views: 242
  • Dad's New Toy 008.jpg
    Dad's New Toy 008.jpg
    694.7 KB · Views: 379
  • Dad's New Toy 009.jpg
    Dad's New Toy 009.jpg
    746.6 KB · Views: 222
  • Dad's New Toy 010.jpg
    Dad's New Toy 010.jpg
    702.6 KB · Views: 282
  • Dad's New Toy 011.jpg
    Dad's New Toy 011.jpg
    590.4 KB · Views: 152
  • Dad's New Toy 012.jpg
    Dad's New Toy 012.jpg
    635.1 KB · Views: 375
   / Gas or Electric Golf Carts
mhagerty, That sure is a great cart. Did you paint the rino linning yourself, or have it done at a shop eddy622611

/ Gas or Electric Golf Carts #15  
Thanks eddt622611. I had it done at a buddy痴 shop. I have to say it痴 been a fun project! I still have several things I want to do such as a new black roof, new roof struts, tinted windshield, custom seat upholstery, additional diamond plate and several engine upgrades.

I tuned-up the engine when I got it which was pretty easy and I messed with the governor so now I have the cart going about 22 mph, standard is 12.5 mph.

It痴 surprising how good these things are on the trails even in a fair amount of mud. The 6 inch lift kit gives great ground clearance. I also added seat belts to all the seats to keep the kiddies safe. As you know, if you don稚 practice good judgment you can flip one of these carts no problem.

/ Gas or Electric Golf Carts #16  
I bought a Club Car electric 3 years ago, put on a 6" lift kit, off road tires and a flip rear seat/flat bed. Love it!! Wife and daughter can also drive it more easily than our old 6 wheel Polaris. Since sold the Polaris to justify a 2nd tractor. Love the quiet ride for hunting or sneaking up on poachers. Three friends who were skeptical at first, took a ride and then bought electric vehicles for thier property. Batteries are seven years old (4 on a golf course) and probably have a year left.

/ Gas or Electric Golf Carts
forester2, After having an electric cart I wouldn't want a gas powered cart. My kids just love it. When I brought it home my wife said what do you want that for? I think she uses it more than anyone. We too have a 4 wheeler that just sits in the garage. The golfcart is much simpler to use.

/ Gas or Electric Golf Carts #18  
we looked at both gas and electric and the wife really like the electric better. man these things are quiet. we can ride for many miles with no problems. try sneaking up on some deer in a gaser. they have a real hard time hearing us coming on the electric cart and it has lots of torque.

/ Gas or Electric Golf Carts #19  
We have an 84 EZ Go elect with rear seat. I have had it 15 years.. Just take good care of the batteries and they last a long time.. Most dealers will sell 2 year old batteries for 25.00 or so. Just have to look around.. Cart is Black and has Lexis emblem on the front.

Also have a gas Yamaha G1. Figure it to be a 79 or 80 model.. It looks like a piece of crap. Has been rolled at least 2 times. Was given to me because I helped the old guy who owned it get it running and he decided he didn't want it anymore.

The neighbor calls it "Tow-Mater" after the movie Cars. Has a small bed on the back. Has a Speed clutch and runs fast. We have slowed it down to 25 or so MPR. Gets a little crazy faster than that. 3-5 gal of gas a year.....

You can get a 2 speed motor for the electrics these days. I believe the top speed is 25..

Supposed to really extend the range.

Will have to look up the site....................

Tom