Suzuki 250 Four-Wheeler

/ Suzuki 250 Four-Wheeler #1  

TWO GUNS

Platinum Member
Anyone know how to fix a Suzuki 250 quad runner carberator that is just flooding it's tail off. One minute it running great, and then all the sudden, it starts loading up on fuel. There is no adjustment screws on the carb at all. And tried to run fuel conditioner thew it and still acts crazy. Any help or any direction to some site help would be appreciated. Idles better when the engine is cold, but when it is run about 10-15 minutes, it starts running very rich. Thinks it is a mid 90's model, forgot to ask my buddy what true year it was. It belongs to him.
Thank you !!!!!

/ Suzuki 250 Four-Wheeler #2  
My first bike was a 250 quadrunner 4x4. I may still have the manual for it ill have a look.
Is the fuel shut off turned off when you start? If so the carb could start off ok, but begin overflowing after the fuel's been on for a while.

First thing id do is take the carb out. Is the fuel running out the overflow or just fouling the plug?

If you think the fuel is overflowing : Have a look at the float. Any pin holes? shake it around and see if you can hear any fuel inside it. Check the fuel inlet needle. Is the rubber on the needle end ok (if applicable)? Is there any dirt in the fuel inlet needle seat? Is the float or needle binding in its travel? Those would be the first things id check.

If its not running out, id give the carb a major cleaning. Heres what i recommend 651 652 653 Carburetor & Metal Parts Cleaner Good stuff. dont get it on ya. IF that dont work, may have to dig a little deeper.

/ Suzuki 250 Four-Wheeler #3  
Good luck, you'll need it!

I bought two of these new, back in the early 90's I think.

They have never been as reliable as the Yamaha 200 they replaced.

As they got older they got worse and even authorized Suzuki dealers couldn't get them going properly.

One is sitting in the shed, dead as a doornail. The other was finally taken to a Honda dealer who replaced the cam chain, it now runs ok for about 1/4hr but as it gets hot the symptoms you describe return.

I've largely replaced the Suzuki's with two S/H Kubota's for slow speed work and a S'H Kubota powered Cushman for runabout work.