RTV900 Tailpipe

/ RTV900 Tailpipe #1  

ShaleniFarm

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3830HST; Kubota BX1850; Kubota RTVx1100
Well, the tailpipe on my RTV900 (320 hours) fell off. The muffler is still there. :)

I don't believe I hit it (or could hit it) on anything. Maybe the spark arrestor got plugged and it blew off??

My thought is to just run it as is. Should I worry about the nearby hydraulic reservoir?

This happen to anybody else? Is the fix to buy a new muffler/tailpipe assembly or would you weld it?

Thanks for the insight,
Neil.

Attachments

• DSC03744 (Custom).JPG
    DSC03744 (Custom).JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 131
  • DSC03745 (Custom).JPG
    DSC03745 (Custom).JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 166
  • DSC03747 (Custom).JPG
    DSC03747 (Custom).JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 188
  • DSC03750 (Custom).JPG
    DSC03750 (Custom).JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 162
   / RTV900 Tailpipe #2  
i had the same thing happen on an 04 900. new muffler was close to 300.00 if i remember right. ended up taking it to local muffler shop. they welded a new tail pipe on an put rubber mounted brace on it for 40.00. was very satisfied with fix

/ RTV900 Tailpipe #3  
i had the same thing happen on an 04 900. new muffler was close to 300.00 if i remember right. ended up taking it to local muffler shop. they welded a new tail pipe on an put rubber mounted brace on it for 40.00. was very satisfied with fix

/ RTV900 Tailpipe
Thanks BigDeer,
Do you know why yours came off?

I'll go talk to a muffler place.

Take care!

/ RTV900 Tailpipe #5  
don't know how it fell off, i just noticed it missing one day. thought i might find it laying in the trail sometime but never have.

/ RTV900 Tailpipe #6  
I would keep the spark arrestor off anyway,,,,, they don't do nothing but clog up and choke down power !!!
Muffler shop would be the best route to take !!!! :cool:

/ RTV900 Tailpipe #7  
I would keep the spark arrestor off anyway,,,,, they don't do nothing but clog up and choke down power !!!
Muffler shop would be the best route to take !!!! :cool:

I thought spark arrestors were required by law in certain states?

/ RTV900 Tailpipe #8  
That's a good joke Riptide. I can see the state patrol up in my pasture giving me a safety check. Perhaps if I was to go down the road and enter the National Forest land, ignoring the postings of no ATV or non-road legal vehicles, they might use the lack of a spark arrestor to bust me. It's kinda like the gays in the military. Don't ask, dont tell..........Dennis

/ RTV900 Tailpipe #9  
Hi Y'all,
My muffler is still on so no comment on that but removing the spark arrestor screen would be a no no for me at least in the summer. It gets very dry here from May or so untill September or October running without a screen could cause a forest fire which is bad anyway but it could leave a person liable for any damage the fire causes.
There was a couple of kids riding without spark arrestors in the Entiat area who caused a fire that burned thousands of acres. They were found out and I image their parents will never be able to pay the bill for that fire. It was a big deal. Even if I run only on my own place and start a fire if it gets off my property and goes across the line and causes damage on someone else's place I would be liable.
I've never been in the south so maybe it is wet enough that there is no worries about fire, here in eastern Washington it is a worry.
Martin