Hydraullic winch

/ Hydraullic winch #1  

whoodle

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 110tlb, rtv900.
I was investigating a winch to pull logs in the forest, and it looked like the electric could prove frustrating. Has anyone used a Mile Marker Hydraulic winch running off the bed hydraulics of the rtv900. The specs say 3.5 gpm @1500psi for the winch.

/ Hydraullic winch #2  
I think you are correct that the electric winches are not made for that. My brother burned out a couple on the front of his gator, pulling logs and using it for "work." They were Warn, but I'm not aware of any that have much of a duty cycle. It takes a bit of online investigative work to determine that even the "hottest new" winches are not made for much hard work because they require VERY long cool down times before you can work them again. The harder the work, the shorter the duty cycle and the longer the recovery phase.
If you can't find a hydraulic winch, maybe you can find a portable gas powered winch you can mount in the bed and do what you want.
Good luck

/ Hydraullic winch
I spoke to the tech at the winch place today, and he said he didn't know of anyone putting a hydro winch on a utv. He also said to keep the pressure around 1500psi. Anyone know the flow and pressure to the bed lift on the rtv900? I thought it was written in the manual somewhere but I could not locate it. Three or four gallons per min at 2600psi sound familiar?

/ Hydraullic winch #4  
i put one on the rtv1100. goes front or back

Attachments

• 0114080951b.jpg
    0114080951b.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 183
   / Hydraullic winch
thankyou sir!
That link and setup is exactly what I need. Do you think the syn rope will hold up to hauling logs? Can you provide any other details which will save me from being the inventor. Do you just attach to the dump hydraulic quick couplers?

/ Hydraullic winch #6  
That'll be one sweet winch there Whoodle. Sounds like fun.

Hopefully there isn't a lot of stretch in that line so it won't come back and cut your head off if she snaps. Not a pretty vision. -I'm sure they did their homework before deciding on a rope material.