rtv hydraulic bed really worth it

/ rtv hydraulic bed really worth it #1  

madvetos

Just wondering what the rtv owners think if the hydraulic bed is really worth it seems to me to be about 1200 dollars difference. I just am an average user around the homestead. thx for any opinions.

/ rtv hydraulic bed really worth it #2  
Depending on where you live, but in Canada you can buy the electric over hydraulic motor/pump kits for about $300 from Princess a\Auto. From there you just need to determine the correct ram length.

I have had customers do this in the past after they determined they needed the hyd bed lift.

/ rtv hydraulic bed really worth it #3  
I have the hydro lift on my Cushman and use it often, it is nice to partially tilt the bed when raking woodchips out of it (fully dumped would just make big pile), also nice to just keep driving after a dump without stepping off the vehicle.

In addition, pretending to dump passengers riding in the back while driving gets some laughs. :D :D :D :D

/ rtv hydraulic bed really worth it #4  
you know if you could get your hands on a hydraulic ram all you really need is a very small air tank and a small 12 volt compressor and you can run the ram off air too. . if you was to run by a junk yard you could probably fnd a small ram and get the hoses at a auto parts store and if your handy with your hand you could have a dump bed setup for under 200.00.

/ rtv hydraulic bed really worth it #5  
Just wondering what the rtv owners think if the hydraulic bed is really worth it seems to me to be about 1200 dollars difference. I just am an average user around the homestead. thx for any opinions.

I don't remember how much extra the lift option was for my HPX but I am sure glad I have it :)

/ rtv hydraulic bed really worth it #6  
The hydraulic dump was a big part of the reason we bought our HPX. My wife wanted something with serious capacity-including dumping-to upgrade from her golf cart. She didn't want to be driving the 755. She loves the Gator and has made extensive use of the power dump in the few months we've owned it.

/ rtv hydraulic bed really worth it #7  
yup when you got a load of dirt and your the only one to dump it it helps alot i bet even when there's two people it's alot easier on the back. i have a rear rops rack i built a few years ago and to help offset the weight of the bed i take some bungee cords and hook one end to the rack and one end to the bedrails . two cords on each side lift the bed up real easy i never tried it with a load of dirt in it though. maybe my next utv will have the auto dump bed . i would say that if your buying one new or if you have the chance to get one !GET IT! i'm sure there will be a day when you say to yourself man i'm glad i got this thing when i did!!

/ rtv hydraulic bed really worth it #8  
We've sold quite a few RTV's and less then one a year normally without it. Now one that has it on from the factory is far cheaper then to add one as a kit. I'd buy it with as it's really cheap if you need it later or you find that chore that you wish you had it!

/ rtv hydraulic bed really worth it #9  
We run a wood stove instead of our heat pumps so we do a lot of wood hauling. When cutting it sure is nice to load up the bed with those big pieces and take them up to the splitter and just dump them right next to the splitter. When we cut, we often have the tractor bucket to roll them into and then just raise the bucket, run under with the RTV and and lower the bucket. This is for the really big 24-36 diameter hickory and oak pieces cut to 20 inches. They GET HEAVY by hand.

When we burn, we go down to the wood pile, load it on, and then drive up to the house. There we raise the bed, keeping the tailgate closed and the wood is just right there in front of you to get an armful and put on the stack by the front door.

We also clean out our goat sheds and use it as compost on the garden. Great to run the RTV into the shed fill it up and spread it by slowly raising the bed as you move forward a few feet.

We use a horse stall mat in the bottom of the bed. Really helps hold stuff in place and protects the bed quite a bit. Also dampens noise. I cut notches at the corners which totally keeps it in place. It's great to be able to raise the bed to easily wash it out, take out that very heavy mat by just lifting a bit a sliding it out. Be sure to do this pretty regularly cause stuff and moisture get under there and causes rust.

Anyway............get the factory installed dump......no question..........one can mickey mouse all day; but you will just be making excuses and kickin yourself for not doing it the right way...........Dennis

/ rtv hydraulic bed really worth it #10  
I have a Gator XUV with the hydraulic dump. It is well worth the money. We haul dirt, gravel, stones, hay, wood, manure with it. Without that dump, I don't think we would have much left of our backs.