Kubota RTV 900 stuck in Gear !!!

/ Kubota RTV 900 stuck in Gear !!! #1  

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
Well it finally happened to me also,my 2006 Kubota RTV 900 is stuck in reverse and will not come out,thank god I was close enough to my driveway to have my Kubota dealer load it up and take it to the shop.From what I have read on another site this has been happened to other RTV owners.From what my dealer has told me there is a permanent fix for this.I guess I am the lucky one,mine is out of warrenty.LOL.coobie

/ Kubota RTV 900 stuck in Gear !!! #2  
I would write a nice email to Kubota customer relations and tell them of the problem and mention you've heard of others having this problem. I did that when my hydrulic tank bracket broke and they took care of it. Mine was also out of warranty.

/ Kubota RTV 900 stuck in Gear !!!
I would write a nice email to Kubota customer relations and tell them of the problem and mention you've heard of others having this problem. I did that when my hydrulic tank bracket broke and they took care of it. Mine was also out of warranty.
Alrerady in contact with there office in Grovepoint Ohio.Hope it works out.coobie

/ Kubota RTV 900 stuck in Gear !!! #4  
I had this happen last year. A nut had fallen off a bolt under the hood where the shift lever connects with the different control levers. Luckily the nut hadn't fallen down in the space underneath so I was able to retreive and reinstall - hasn't happen again.

/ Kubota RTV 900 stuck in Gear !!! #5  
I have an RTV 1100 stuck in reverse, no help from the pressure relief valve, or the parking brake applied, throttle pushed/released, then trying to shift. It has been a nuisance since I bought it Nov 2006, and it also has less than 90 hours on it, but now seems stuck for good. I have called 3 dealers and none have seen this before. I tried to email Kubota about it but they have made the comlaint process nearly unbearable. I used to love Kubota, but am quickly losing faith in their customer relations once the deal is done. I have had power issues also here in WY because of altitude with no help from Kubota. Bob Mosier

I have an RTV 1100 stuck in reverse, no help from the pressure relief valve, or the parking brake applied, throttle pushed/released, then trying to shift. It has been a nuisance since I bought it Nov 2006, and it also has less than 90 hours on it, but now seems stuck for good. I have called 3 dealers and none have seen this before. I tried to email Kubota about it but they have made the comlaint process nearly unbearable. I used to love Kubota, but am quickly losing faith in their customer relations once the deal is done. I have had power issues also here in WY because of altitude with no help from Kubota. Bob Mosier
Call Kubota customer service in Grovepoint Ohio and ask for Dave Miller.He was a super guy to talk to and helped me with my complaint.Good Luck,coobie

/ Kubota RTV 900 stuck in Gear !!! #7  
Thanks, I am going to take my 1100 to the dealer in Powell, WY, they had not heard of this happening but were sympathetic to my plight and said they would check with Kubota, I will mention your guy to them also. By the way they also seem to be able to do some things to the 1100's that help with the altitude problem. Bob M

/ Kubota RTV 900 stuck in Gear !!! #8  
I talked to Dave Miller today, Grove Port, Ohio, he had not heard of an RTV sticking in Reverse permantely like mine, and recommended that I take it to a dealer and let them look at it. I do not think that Kubota will admit to a transmission problem or a power problem for legal reasons. Dave seemed like a nice enough guy though, but does have to follow the company line. Bob

/ Kubota RTV 900 stuck in Gear !!! #9  
Think I would look at the cables that do the shifting, one does the up/down and other does the left right functions. Maybe something got out of sync or is broken or has gunked up hardware. If engine if off do not see a good reason for it to be jammed unless there is an issue with the shifting fork.

David Kb7uns

Think I would look at the cables that do the shifting, one does the up/down and other does the left right functions. Maybe something got out of sync or is broken or has gunked up hardware. If engine if off do not see a good reason for it to be jammed unless there is an issue with the shifting fork.

David Kb7uns
That was finally the problem with mine(cables & shifting fork)The dealer also built up the rail to keep the fork in place.So far so good.coobie