fixin' up the gator

/ fixin' up the gator #11  
i might let my fenders go too i been thinkin of makin me a flat bedd and if i do i won't need them so instead of ebay you could have first dibs they aluminum.

/ fixin' up the gator #13  
the green bumper is a bumper i made for another member on the forum the black bumper is the one i have for sale it's mounted to my hpx . the fenders are on my hpx you can see me standing on them in one picture they are tough and in one picture from the side you can see them . i trimmed them up a bim higher than the stock ones so it gives the rear end a lifted look to it. they are made out of 1/8th aluminum and mount up to the factory holes.

fendermd7.jpg

img3045lt0.jpg

1005183no6.jpg

1006524hk0.jpg

1006526ew2.jpg

/ fixin' up the gator #14  
Hey! That's my bumper. LOL. Tough as can be! Super nice bumper with a perfect fit!

/ fixin' up the gator #16  
No, you'll never dent it. The box will bend before that will! It works great. I still need to get your measurements for the guarding around my roof lights and my cv boots. Just haven't had the time to measure them for you.

/ fixin' up the gator #17  
yea the front a-arms are the same but the rear are the ones i need. i might be able to get some measurements from john deere by the house they are pretty good at letting my look at the stuff being i spend alot of money there.

/ fixin' up the gator #18  
ghitch,

I have been OOT and just saw your post with a question. The tires are ITP Mudlites. They ride a bit rough on pavement, but get great traction in mud or snow. I Run the 28's front and back but with more narrow on the front to maintain appropriate steering geometry. As for the speed, I cannot answer what my dealer did but he worked with the machine for two weeks to hop it up. I believe it had a new filter, throttle actuator, etc. In addition, the much larger tires will increase top speed by 3-5 mph on flat ground alone, so the engine mods only added about 5 mph themselves. This does not apply to hills, where the gas engine really struggled to maintain speed. My diesel will only go about 35 mph, largely due to the larger tires, but it maintains speed quite a lot better turning those bigger tires. There are also other factors at play, such as the poly top you see in the picture. Believe it or not, they will really slow one of these machines down at higher speeds as they act a bit like a sail. The half windshield does the same, so keep that in mind also.

John M

/ fixin' up the gator #19  
My friend got his gator 620i Memorial Day weekend 2008. It has given alot of trouble free performance, except for the Carlisle tires. He was getting stuck more with the gator than other previous UTV's. He also had several flats, but that can happen with any tire. About a month ago, he had a 2" lift put on the front and changed to 26" Gator tires. Not oem gator, the tires are actually named gator. HUGE difference. He can go places in 2wd now that he previously had trouble in 4wd. I rode it one weekend after a rain came through and I felt much more confindent with the gators.

As far as power robbing, I am sure it does. But the gas engine was never a great power performer. All things considered, he is MUCH happier with the more aggressive tires.

My opinion, if you have not been stuck with the stockers-keep them. They will ride better and rob less power. But upgrade the tires if you find yourself getting stuck. My friend is much happier not having to winch his out after a rain storm, so the sacrifice in power and ride were well worth it! Plus the new tires have more plys making them more resistant to punctures.

GOOD LUCK!

/ fixin' up the gator
My friend got his gator 620i Memorial Day weekend 2008. It has given alot of trouble free performance, except for the Carlisle tires. He was getting stuck more with the gator than other previous UTV's. He also had several flats, but that can happen with any tire. About a month ago, he had a 2" lift put on the front and changed to 26" Gator tires. Not oem gator, the tires are actually named gator. HUGE difference. He can go places in 2wd now that he previously had trouble in 4wd. I rode it one weekend after a rain came through and I felt much more confindent with the gators.

As far as power robbing, I am sure it does. But the gas engine was never a great power performer. All things considered, he is MUCH happier with the more aggressive tires.

My opinion, if you have not been stuck with the stockers-keep them. They will ride better and rob less power. But upgrade the tires if you find yourself getting stuck. My friend is much happier not having to winch his out after a rain storm, so the sacrifice in power and ride were well worth it! Plus the new tires have more plys making them more resistant to punctures.

GOOD LUCK!

no i haven't hung it up yet....but i'm sure the day will come!!!...lol.....i'll Google the gator brand tires....

is this them?......http://www.motosportxperts.com/page/E4D/PROD/GBC-ATV-TIRES/GBC-GATOR-ATV-TIRES