front wheel bearing

/ front wheel bearing #1  

TOMMYHPX4X4

Veteran Member
Tractor
gator hpx 4x4
i just got a price online for my front wheel bearing 210.00 for one side.WOW!!!!! i think the rhio's are like 38.00 a side i sure ain't putting the hpx in anymore mud . i guess they got the 5 years worth out of them for sure but man thats alot of money.i'm fixin to go into the dealer to see if they are any cheaper it's gonna cost me close to 300.00 cause i need a cv boot too. has anyone bought one from a aftermarket supplyer cheaper?

/ front wheel bearing #2  
i had to put one in the XUV...got it from my local JD dealer $18.75....boot was $25.25 for the inter rear...

/ front wheel bearing
i had to change a few boots already and they was around the 25.00 range i sure hope your right about the 18.00 part man that john deere web sight is scaring me .well let me go see what they tell me if it's just 18.00 i'll do both sides. thanks for the fast reply.

/ front wheel bearing #4  
I just bought one 2 weeks ago for $30-40.

/ front wheel bearing #5  
here is a copy of invoice...

Attachments

• 4-7-2009 10;18;07 AM.JPG
    4-7-2009 10;18;07 AM.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 424
   / front wheel bearing
man it must be nice to own a xuv. i just got back from the jd dealer we went over the parts list and your right about your price the xuv bearing is 18.00 but the hpx bearing is 54.00 plus tax and then add another 10.00 for overnight shipping. the guy was kinda puzzled at first when i showed him a printout of your invoice until he done some searching then the computer came up with the parts number that you have fell under the xuv and my number came up with a hpx. oh well atleast she's gonna be fixed.

/ front wheel bearing #7  
man it must be nice to own a xuv. i just got back from the jd dealer we went over the parts list and your right about your price the xuv bearing is 18.00 but the hpx bearing is 54.00 plus tax and then add another 10.00 for overnight shipping. the guy was kinda puzzled at first when i showed him a printout of your invoice until he done some searching then the computer came up with the parts number that you have fell under the xuv and my number came up with a hpx. oh well atleast she's gonna be fixed.

bummer!!!....i thought the frontend where the same?....guess not...

/ front wheel bearing
i thought so to but NOT!!! oh well. then get this there is a ring holding the bearing in from the outsside but nuthing holding the bearing in from the inside???i guess they are hopeing the shaft holdes it in place now another thing i nothiced is these bearing look alot like boat trailer axle bearing so guess where i'm going torrow mornin.lol i'm gonna go ride by west marine and academy sports to see if i cane match up these things . i sure hope i can find a match cause i wanna try and do the other side too they ain't bad but i figure why not do them too plus why not try to find a cheaper after market matchup for them not to mention wouldn't a marine bearing last a bit longer than these being it's ment to be submerged under salt /fresh water all the time??

/ front wheel bearing #9  
If that bearing has a part no. on it you should be able to cross reference it at NAPA or Carquest or if you have applied bearings or kaman you should be able to find one for less than 20.00.

/ front wheel bearing
i already installed it but get this it had "MADE IN CHINA" so i know where it was made for sure i do have the old ones so i'm gonna take them and try going by a auto parts store or marine parts store and see what i come up with.