rtv 500 satisfaction

/ rtv 500 satisfaction #1  

hebren

Tractor
1995 m5030 kubota 2006 tn75da
have some back tro from broken back in 1999 qnd would like opinions from rtv 500 owners on satisfaction and ride. Like looks and financing of rtv 500, also considering polaris 500 but liks hydro on rtv 500

/ rtv 500 satisfaction #2  
Buy a Polaris. The RTV 500 rattles and Kubota won't fix it. The seats not comfortable too, so with a bad back get a Polaris

/ rtv 500 satisfaction #3  
I've had an RTV900 that I put a few hundred hours on and now have an RTV1100. I'll have to agree with 737 about Kubota being terrible to work with. They seem to think that nothing they make could possibly be defective or break. I have to give Kubota a flat "F" in taking care of the customer. However, having said that, I do have to comment that their machines are well designed and built like a tank.

Based on several of my friends having Polaris units, they seem to be the opposite; I hear that they are fine to work with but their units seem to rather frequently need major repairs. At least Polaris responds to their customers. With Kubota it seems that most of the complaints are minor but Kubota just blows off their customers and doesn't help. I actually had the best luck with Yamaha. My Rhino never had to go back to the dealer for a single thing in the 3 years I had it, and I rode it hard and made modifications to it for more speed and power.

/ rtv 500 satisfaction #4  
if you want a truck like UTV get an XUV....if you wany speed get a Polaris.....i went and drove all of them and the XUV was the best to suet my needs....

/ rtv 500 satisfaction #5  
I've had an RTV900 that I put a few hundred hours on and now have an RTV1100. I'll have to agree with 737 about Kubota being terrible to work with...

Would that have something to do with your dealer? The dealership can make all the difference in the world when it comes to taking care of their customers.

Don't judge the book by it's cover i.e. the negative comments here. In other words, you hear about the negative stuff far more than good here. Go test drive them all and ask around about how the various dealerships take care of their customers. Then make your purchase...good luck!

/ rtv 500 satisfaction #6  
I will have to agree with Ricochet 100% !!!

Had a Kubota dealer just a few miles away. He come so close to making me NOT purchase a RTV. After all the researce, all the trouble going threw making my mind up. That dealer was as much help as a wart !!!! Worthless people, that I swear. ( That dealer don't exist anymore ) .... I don't like to talk about anybody, but they come so close to making loose out on one of the most treasured items in my life. My utility vehicle !!!!
So with that being said >>>> Ventured on and found another dealer about one hour away. BEST DECISION EVER MADE .... Not only is he my tractor/ rtv dealer, but found some folks that don't mind helping others, standing behind everything they sell. And they go above and beyond anything that a dealer suppose to do. YOUR CALIBER OF DEALER IS EVERYTHING !!!! They can make you or break you. If one is not happy for what a certain dealer says or the way he delivers themselves. Go find another and be happy >>>>>

two guns

/ rtv 500 satisfaction #7  
Glad to hear that. Other than the air intake rattling so much you can't hear (but I believe that is going to be fixed very shortly) my main beef is that I stayed on Kubota for 2 full years about a pathetic weld on the door frame of my RTV1100 that looks like bird spatter and wasn't even close to being lined up. I posted pictures on here of the terrible quality a few times. There clearly was zero quality control on the outsourced door frames when there should be. Honestly, I should have refused taking the unit when I bought it rather than believing them when they told me that they'd get it replaced, which never happened.

It just flat ticks me off that I was ignored for two full years and the freakin' frame broke at the weld exactly like I knew it would and I had to fix it myself. There is no excuse for such pathetic service from Kubota on a 17k machine. As I mentioned before, I dropped 60k on a different brand piece of equipment because I was so ticked at being ignored by Kubota and having to fix their manufacturing defect myself. I'm obviously going to keep the RTV1100 because I like it, but I don't see forgiving Kubota for literally ignoring me completely when they sold me something with a defect (that should have never made it out their door) and I had to fix it myself. I know it may sound petty, but I'd have to think long and hard about ever buying Kubota again after getting zero response after dozens and dozens of calls, emails etc. over a 2 year time period with zero response other than "we'll get with you"; which they never did.