Pug F570 questions

/ Pug F570 questions #1  

project_X

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L235DT and L225
Does anyone on here have one of these?

How does the articulating rears work out? Can you traverse any amount of water? i.e. is the CVT enclosed, or wide open like the Gators?

Any problems, concerns,....?

I'm looking at a low hour used one to use around my 57acres, but I have one wet ditch (8-12" inches of water) to cross.

Thanks,
Rob

/ Pug F570 questions #2  
This was one of my choices when I was seriously looking. I eliminated it from my choices for a few reasons:

1.Not too many dealers for any service or info
2.Not too much experience on TBN or with local areas
3.Don't quite stand up to others, but I can't know for sure because of #2

One thing I need to ask, have you reviewed your other UTV options? I think you may find something better, and more well known to suit your needs.

Kyle

/ Pug F570 questions
One thing I need to ask, have you reviewed your other UTV options? I think you may find something better, and more well known to suit your needs.

In a perfect world, I walk right out and buy a new UTV with everything I can dream of. However, I am looking at filling a small hole in my equipment, and am looking at all the options.
My budget is basically <$5500US, and I need to be able to haul material around my property (>700lbs). Ideally under 1000 hours for a gasser (and I could find more cash if the right diesel popped up) If everything aligned, I would also be able to travel back to pull out the beaver dams that plague my property from time to time.
A used gator 6x4 would be good for everything but the dam work. A used gas unit with <1000hrs is $4500us.
The 6x4 pug i've come across is $3000US and has less than 400hours, so I though it might fit the bill pretty cheaply.

/ Pug F570 questions #4  
I bought one of these this past spring and have been mildly disappointed by it. Even with the 4 wheels in the rear, the traction is pathetic. Finallygot a little clue that it's sue to the lightweight of the bed. So now I run around with two approx 150# rocks in the back. Sometimes it still seems like power is onlygoing to one wheel - the right rear. But this is OK because I have no budget to spend $7000 - $10,000 on a new Mule or JD Gator that will only get used a copuple days out of the year.

/ Pug F570 questions #5  
Can anyone tell me where to get, or how to fix the brakes on my f570 pug.

/ Pug F570 questions #6  
Just my two cents but if you need a dealer to fix this machine, you should probably have a Kawasaki Mule. These things are ridiculously simple...nothing under the hood but steel frame, a choke cable, throttle, and shifter. You adjust chain tension with two little 3/8" bolts with double nuts. Steering is by CHAIN for pete's sake.

There is just nothing to these machines.

/ Pug F570 questions #7  
scrib what did you find out about brakes ? i have none with no manul

/ Pug F570 questions #8  
Can anyone tell me where to get, or how to fix the brakes on my f570 pug.
Call Joe at Frog Pond Manufacturing 606 872-1681