service old suzuki king quad

/ service old suzuki king quad #1  

Michelle K linnane

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 4103
I need to service my old suzuki king quad, the quad is at least 10 years old, if not older I do not know if it makes any difference. What weight oil does it take? and are there any filters? What needs to be done to service a quad? I serviced lawn mowers and my gator. But not sure about this.
thank you in advance

/ service old suzuki king quad #2  
From my unofficial memory. 10W40 oil, an oil filter to replace, air filter to clean. Maybe valves to adjust, and depending on the year the A-arms mayneed to be greased. Don't forget the battery! Oh and clean the inside of the air box. It tends to get oil in there. I could go on with the mundane but I'm shure you can handle it.

/ service old suzuki king quad #3  
I had a old zuke quad. Mine was a 250? 4x4. It was unstoppable when in Diff lock:D

I think its 10W30 or 40 too, It should be cast right into the dipstick if i remember.

Only issue i had was a stretched timing chain. Not a big deal. I think i might still have the shop manual somewheres.

Follow SG's suggestions.

Is there anything specific you need to know (if i can find my shop manual)? I know its a different model, but some things are interchangable.

/ service old suzuki king quad #4  
Was looking at doing mine last night. It is 10W40 oil, almost 4 litres on the 250, something like 3.7 L on the 300 KQ. There is a filter too.

/ service old suzuki king quad #5  
Newb here breakin out an oooold thread.

Need a little help here if you dont mind.

I need to know what years that the rear axles are interchangeable for my King Quad. Its either a 250 or 300....dont know where to look to find out :ashamed:.

So anyway, my King Quad is a 2000 and I need the right rear axle. Wheel bearing went bad and drove it anyway......needless to say it ended up ruining the yokes and the u-joint. I found one thats older but Im not sure if it'll fit.

So how far back are parts interchangeable for a 2000 King Quad?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

/ service old suzuki king quad #6  
I need to service my old suzuki king quad, the quad is at least 10 years old, if not older I do not know if it makes any difference. What weight oil does it take? and are there any filters? What needs to be done to service a quad? I serviced lawn mowers and my gator. But not sure about this.
thank you in advance

You will have no problem getting parts for a Suzuki Kink Quad. These ATV`s are so tough, they will never quit. Do not use motor oil, There is a special oil sold by ATV and motorcycle dealers. ATV;s have wet clutches and need a special oil. GBH

/ service old suzuki king quad #7  
I have a 2002 Suzuki lt500 4x4. Out of all my things to ride it is still my go to. Absolutely bullet proof. I use mobil 1 10w40 motorcycle oil and I'm pretty sure there are no grease fittings. don't forget to blow out radiator.

I just seen this is an old revived thread..lol can't help with axle problem.