50 hours on 850XUV

/ 50 hours on 850XUV #1  

chipsndust

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 1025R, Curtis cab
Just did the 50 hour service per the manual. Change engine oil and filter, check all fluid levels, inspect driveline and CV boots, lubricate two points on drive line.
Sounded pretty simple, so I decided to do it myself. Used all JD parts from my local dealer. The oil was very black, but I found no metal or solids in my catch basin. The filter is not easy to access, my strap wrenches were too big (filter is 2-1/2" dia.), I ended up buying filter pliers, which worked really well.
Manual says one or two shots of grease in each of two fittings on drive line. These were also tough to access because of the skid plates, I moved the gator forward bit by bit until I had the zerks located so I could get the grease gun on them.
Time and patience got the job done. I'm glad I did it myself, got to "know" the machine a little better, and cleaned a lot of debris (including a mouse nest!) from underneath.
While I was at the dealer, I ordered a soft cab for my 2305 tractor.

Attachments

• 100_0997a.JPG
    100_0997a.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 125
   / 50 hours on 850XUV #2  
Just did the 50 hour service per the manual. Change engine oil and filter, check all fluid levels, inspect driveline and CV boots, lubricate two points on drive line.
Sounded pretty simple, so I decided to do it myself. Used all JD parts from my local dealer. The oil was very black, but I found no metal or solids in my catch basin. The filter is not easy to access, my strap wrenches were too big (filter is 2-1/2" dia.), I ended up buying filter pliers, which worked really well.
Manual says one or two shots of grease in each of two fittings on drive line. These were also tough to access because of the skid plates, I moved the gator forward bit by bit until I had the zerks located so I could get the grease gun on them.
Time and patience got the job done. I'm glad I did it myself, got to "know" the machine a little better, and cleaned a lot of debris (including a mouse nest!) from underneath.
While I was at the dealer, I ordered a soft cab for my 2305 tractor.

That's preatty tackiy!

You saved only $460.00
But do you realize the future cost to the Economy?

/ 50 hours on 850XUV
DO:
Still waiting for my stimulus check.
I figure I'll dump a few bucks into the kitty when I get the bill for the 2305 soft cab!

/ 50 hours on 850XUV #4  
That's preatty tackiy!

You saved only $460.00
But do you realize the future cost to the Economy?

:rolleyes: You sir just made the most stupid comment I have read on the Internet this week. Maybe even this month.

This guy learned something, and knows the job is done correct. WTF is this world coming to? When a man cannot do his own maintenance because it might hurt the economy. WTF.

To the OP. Great job. ;)

/ 50 hours on 850XUV #5  
i know you are kidding!

/ 50 hours on 850XUV #6  
nmu98:
You, sir, just embarrassed yourself for teeing off on somebody who made an internet joke. That is the problem with the internet, sarcasm doesn't transmit well.
Luckily, WTF was your abbreviation for "with true fondness" wasn't it?
I thought so.
WTF!
:D

/ 50 hours on 850XUV #7  
nmu98:
You, sir, just embarrassed yourself for teeing off on somebody who made an internet joke. That is the problem with the internet, sarcasm doesn't transmit well.
Luckily, WTF was your abbreviation for "with true fondness" wasn't it?
I thought so.
WTF!
:D

Yea...I noticed from other posts that Double Orange is chock full of jokes...:)