Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Platinum Member chipsndust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    517
    Location
    central NY and Adirondacks
    Tractor
    JD 1025R, Curtis cab

    Default 50 hours on 850XUV

    Just did the 50 hour service per the manual. Change engine oil and filter, check all fluid levels, inspect driveline and CV boots, lubricate two points on drive line.
    Sounded pretty simple, so I decided to do it myself. Used all JD parts from my local dealer. The oil was very black, but I found no metal or solids in my catch basin. The filter is not easy to access, my strap wrenches were too big (filter is 2-1/2" dia.), I ended up buying filter pliers, which worked really well.
    Manual says one or two shots of grease in each of two fittings on drive line. These were also tough to access because of the skid plates, I moved the gator forward bit by bit until I had the zerks located so I could get the grease gun on them.
    Time and patience got the job done. I'm glad I did it myself, got to "know" the machine a little better, and cleaned a lot of debris (including a mouse nest!) from underneath.
    While I was at the dealer, I ordered a soft cab for my 2305 tractor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -100_0997a-jpg  

  2. #2
    Platinum Member Double Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    638
    Location
    Boonies

    Default Re: 50 hours on 850XUV

    Quote Originally Posted by chipsndust View Post
    Just did the 50 hour service per the manual. Change engine oil and filter, check all fluid levels, inspect driveline and CV boots, lubricate two points on drive line.
    Sounded pretty simple, so I decided to do it myself. Used all JD parts from my local dealer. The oil was very black, but I found no metal or solids in my catch basin. The filter is not easy to access, my strap wrenches were too big (filter is 2-1/2" dia.), I ended up buying filter pliers, which worked really well.
    Manual says one or two shots of grease in each of two fittings on drive line. These were also tough to access because of the skid plates, I moved the gator forward bit by bit until I had the zerks located so I could get the grease gun on them.
    Time and patience got the job done. I'm glad I did it myself, got to "know" the machine a little better, and cleaned a lot of debris (including a mouse nest!) from underneath.
    While I was at the dealer, I ordered a soft cab for my 2305 tractor.

    That's preatty tackiy!

    You saved only $460.00
    But do you realize the future cost to the Economy?

  3. #3
    Platinum Member chipsndust's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    517
    Location
    central NY and Adirondacks
    Tractor
    JD 1025R, Curtis cab

    Default Re: 50 hours on 850XUV

    DO:
    Still waiting for my stimulus check.
    I figure I'll dump a few bucks into the kitty when I get the bill for the 2305 soft cab!

  4. #4
    Veteran Member nmu98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,130
    Tractor
    JD 5203, JD 3720, JD 4110, JD 445, IH 1586, IH 886, IH 404......

    Default Re: 50 hours on 850XUV

    Quote Originally Posted by Double Orange View Post
    That's preatty tackiy!

    You saved only $460.00
    But do you realize the future cost to the Economy?
    You sir just made the most stupid comment I have read on the Internet this week. Maybe even this month.

    This guy learned something, and knows the job is done correct. WTF is this world coming to? When a man cannot do his own maintenance because it might hurt the economy. WTF.

    To the OP. Great job.

  5. #5
    Bronze Member Cook123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    50
    Location
    georgia
    Tractor
    john deere 790

    Default Re: 50 hours on 850XUV

    i know you are kidding!

  6. #6
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    186
    Location
    NC

    Default Re: 50 hours on 850XUV

    nmu98:
    You, sir, just embarrassed yourself for teeing off on somebody who made an internet joke. That is the problem with the internet, sarcasm doesn't transmit well.
    Luckily, WTF was your abbreviation for "with true fondness" wasn't it?
    I thought so.
    WTF!

  7. #7
    Veteran Member JDGREEN4ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    2,239
    Location
    Southeast PA
    Tractor
    John Deere 2520, John Deere X534, John Deere LT150

    Default Re: 50 hours on 850XUV

    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast2 View Post
    nmu98:
    You, sir, just embarrassed yourself for teeing off on somebody who made an internet joke. That is the problem with the internet, sarcasm doesn't transmit well.
    Luckily, WTF was your abbreviation for "with true fondness" wasn't it?
    I thought so.
    WTF!
    Yea...I noticed from other posts that Double Orange is chock full of jokes...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.