gator xuv lift kit

/ gator xuv lift kit #1  

1022fan

Tractor
John deere 5303
Any one know of a good lift kit for the front of a gator XUV ?

/ gator xuv lift kit #2  
i have some 1" blocks that go under the shocks i'll sell for 15 buc's......pull shocks out of lower mounts and drop them in and your done...

/ gator xuv lift kit #3  
Do you have any pics of the blocks.

/ gator xuv lift kit
well i just found out u can use a 1 3/8 3/4 drive socket(for a spacer under the shock) the one i used was i little big so i chucked it up in a drill a sanded it down it works great. also if you search on Utube for gator lift there is a clip on how to install the lift

Thanks for the help !!!!!!!!!!

/ gator xuv lift kit #5  
you can also lift the front end by just lossening the bolts that hold the chock inplace and just let the houseing drop a bit then retighten them up. i dne this to mine after i took the 2" lift out and it never fell infact it's still lifted to this day and is holding tight with just the bolts holding it up.

/ gator xuv lift kit #6  
I used two 1 1/2 inch galvanized pipe couplings slipped over the shock. The exterior of the shock is 1.77 inch and the couplings interior were close enough that a dremel tool used on the threads let them slip over.

Should have added the lift earlier.

I see that most have used something that slipped inside the housing but this was really easy and cost less than 8.00

I would note that it takes some force to get the shock out of the housing but once you do one side the other side can be done in less than 10 minutes.

/ gator xuv lift kit #7  
Just finished replacing the CV boots on our 620i and did the lift while it was apart. Just one more nut and the knuckle falls away. Loosen two bolts, lift the shock 1" and re-tighten OR lift it out, drop a 3/4" drive, 1 3/8" socket in, replace the shock and re-tighten bolts. I'm trying the re-tighten bolts w/o the socket lift and we'll see how it goes. The grip on the shock is fairly darned tight.