Kubota RTV 500 with Options

/ Kubota RTV 500 with Options #1  

Blitz51

Tractor
RTV 500 Orange
I thought some of you that are shopping for the 500 might want to see the options that I just put on my new unit today. I think it looks better now.

I paid $7,499 2 weeks ago for the unit. Extras include the grill guard, rear screen, 2 headrests, and hood storage. All overpriced, but I do think they are at least made of good quality. I was surprised how nice the storage area is. For me, the screen and headrests just completes the thing.

I have a Mammoth brand soft top on the way and also ordered a black hood cover for trail riding scratch protection. Will update when those two items come in. Also, I have the speedometer, but will need some time to put it on.

I hope this helps some of you that are looking at the 500.

Attachments

• IMG_0533.JPG
    IMG_0533.JPG
    897.6 KB · Views: 2,168
  • IMG_0527.JPG
    IMG_0527.JPG
    754.3 KB · Views: 1,219
  • IMG_0529.JPG
    IMG_0529.JPG
    708.9 KB · Views: 1,193
   / Kubota RTV 500 with Options #2  
How much extra was the under hood storage unit? Is that a Kubota option? That looks a whole like better than what my dealer offer me. I am wondering now if he showed me a picture of the wrong thing.

/ Kubota RTV 500 with Options #3  
I am also interested in where you got the under hood storage compartment. I have not seen this one and how much are they. I like the screen and headrests. I will have to look into those options. Thanks

/ Kubota RTV 500 with Options #4  
I am also interested in where you got the under hood storage compartment. I have not seen this one and how much are they. I like the screen and headrests. I will have to look into those options. Thanks

I agree, the underhood storage unit is nicer than the open box that's shown on the Kubota web site...Would feel as bad paying $130 for what I see here.

I bought my windshield and roof from Kubota and the back "glass" from the aftermarket. I like it, but it does scrach easy..Cant even look at it without marks showing up...Must be a better way for a $300 piece of plastic.

/ Kubota RTV 500 with Options #5  
A few years back I bought a couple of yards of clear vinyl to fix my tractor side panels. I never got around to it so it's been collecting dust. I made a rear window for my 500 with it. I put grommets in it to hold it in place. The left over piece I put across the driver side in rainy weather. Cheap and not too ugly.

/ Kubota RTV 500 with Options
I just wanted to let everyone know that the storage unit in the pictures is from the Kubota Dealer. I agree, it doesn't look close to the picture they have of it online. I was impressed when I got it. I also put the speedometer on myself and I must say that it challenged me a little. Directions are minimal on all of the items that I got from Kubota.

/ Kubota RTV 500 with Options
Here is the latest updates to my 500. New Soft-top from Mammoth Skins. Stays on well in the wind and at full speed with no windshield...surprised by this.

Lights are from the local K-mart. Run on AAs and have a strong magnet on them that sticks to the back cage even while hit'n it hard on the off road.

Shifter 8 ball knob as I didn't like the off-colored orange OEM one that wasn't true Kubota color. Advance Auto Parts.

Bullet intertube covers for to match the lugs.

I'm waiting on the "Cowl Cover" that is black and covers the entire hood to protect when going through rough terrain. Backordered and its taking a long time to get here.

I have put about 15 hours on the unit now and I like it more and more each day. I understand the concerns about power and have noticed a little struggle when going up high inclines while in HIGH gear. Just got to slow down a bit and the engine seems to swiftly catch up. I would rate it an overall 9 out of 10 for my current experience.

Attachments

• IMG_0635.JPG
    IMG_0635.JPG
    691.9 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_0638.JPG
    IMG_0638.JPG
    711.7 KB · Views: 593
  • IMG_0632.JPG
    IMG_0632.JPG
    704.2 KB · Views: 418
  • IMG_0637.JPG
    IMG_0637.JPG
    745.6 KB · Views: 350
   / Kubota RTV 500 with Options #8  
Your additions look great!!!!
do you happen to know if the rear screen is Kubota part number v4350?????
thanks

/ Kubota RTV 500 with Options #9  
I don't understand why Kubota doesn't put that underhood storage in all these machines right at the factory. Storage is an issue for almost all UTV's. It is one of the main reasons I like the Ranger so much because of all the storage room it has. It would be a good selling point