Gold Member

Default Battery for RTV 900

I need to replace my original battery and I went to four auto parts stores yesterday, coming home empty-handed. No one had a battery that matched the size of the original. I couldn't believe how hard it would be to find a replacement battery.

I did find several non-maintenance batteries that would work, but the caps on the top would interfere with the battery hold-down bar. I need a maintenance-free battery as the original.

If heard that the Optima battery was a decent replacement. Has anyone replaced their battery recently, and what type and where would you recommend? I need something today!

Gold Member

Default Re: Battery for RTV 900

I went back to NAPA and talked to someone who knew what they were doing, and found the exact battery.

Sometimes I wonder how these companies train their employees.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    kubota bx23

Its like the whisper down the line game!
    The guy doing the training only show's what he knows right or wrong, and the next guy gets less each time.

I just take dimensions to wall-mart and see if they have one that fits and get the highest cca in that size.

tom
    If it ain't broke we will help you brake it
    If it is broke we will help you get it fixed!

https://www.facebook.com/joseph.t.mussington

Tractor
    Kubota RTV 900, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .

Quote Originally Posted by Tact View Post
    I need to replace my original battery and I went to four auto parts stores yesterday, coming home empty-handed. No one had a battery that matched the size of the original. I couldn't believe how hard it would be to find a replacement battery.

I did find several non-maintenance batteries that would work, but the caps on the top would interfere with the battery hold-down bar. I need a maintenance-free battery as the original.

If heard that the Optima battery was a decent replacement. Has anyone replaced their battery recently, and what type and where would you recommend? I need something today!
    I have the orginal factory Deka Battery in my 2006 RTV 900.I would think another Deka would fit perfect.coobie.
    Kioti DK40se hst cab with KL401 loader,Kubota RTV 900,John deere X740,Kioti 73 inch tiller.Ingersoll 4020 3pt,troy bilt tiller,Billy goat brush cutter.

Tractor
    RTV900

Quote Originally Posted by Tact View Post
    I went back to NAPA and talked to someone who knew what they were doing, and found the exact battery.

Sometimes I wonder how these companies train their employees.
    Do you have the NAPA part number for the battery you bought? It would help the rest of us who have to go to NAPA for a replacement and run into a clerk like the first one you encounted.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd123 View Post
    Do you have the NAPA part number for the battery you bought? It would help the rest of us who have to go to NAPA for a replacement and run into a clerk like the first one you encounted.
    It's has a NAPA # 7526R, $82.99. It has the exact same dimensions as the original Deka battery and I believe it has 550 CCA. Hope that helps as I wouldn't want anyone else to go through what I had to do trying to find a replacement.

Tractor
    RTV900

Thanks - mine is five years old now and this will probably be the winter I'll need to replace. Can't imagine what the kubota dealer gets but it's probably more than NAPA plus NAPA is a lot closer to me.