2010 RANGER 800 CREW Side-By-Side - ???

/ 2010 RANGER 800 CREW Side-By-Side - ??? #1  

BLS

Hello All,

I need a new UTV to hall the family (5 people) and tow a small trailer between two farms we own that are just over 2 miles apart.

Does anyone own or have any experience with Polaris UTV's... specifically the 2010 RANGER 800 CREW?

2010 Polaris RANGER 800 CREW Utility Vehicle : Overview

I am open to other UTV manufactures and would really like to get some feedback before making a purchase.

Thank you...

Last edited:
   / 2010 RANGER 800 CREW Side-By-Side - ??? #2  
Not particularly the '10, but we have an 08. We got it maybe 4 months ago for a great price.

We sold out old 6x4 (gator style) and picked up the Ranger the next week. I was tired of having issues with our 6x4. I could also see that my father, after many years of use (and only 150 hours) was really starting to get annoyed with it.

We picked up the Ranger and have had nothing but good luck with it (other then winch issues)

Its quieter then the 6x4, and the '10 is even quieter and handles better im told.

We bought the crew because we usually have 3-4 people to carry around and the 3 seater cost more lol.

I myself still want a 3 seater, they look great, the handle great, and the 800 is an amazing motor.

The 800 crew actually has a plate near the air box that is a restricter... do some research before you remove it though.

Picture6.png

100_3766.jpg

/ 2010 RANGER 800 CREW Side-By-Side - ??? #3  
The only thing I've heard against the '10 Ranger crew is that some owners have had issues with noisy front drive-shafts. Apparently Polaris are working on a fix.

You may want to visit the PRC forum for (lots) more info.

Ian

/ 2010 RANGER 800 CREW Side-By-Side - ??? #4  
Check these out..
It is a Husqvarna.
Husqvarna_HUV4421XL-1.jpg

/ 2010 RANGER 800 CREW Side-By-Side - ??? #5  
How does it turn and handle embankments being so long ? I would think it would be restriced to fairly smooth trails. Nice looking vehicle though.

/ 2010 RANGER 800 CREW Side-By-Side - ??? #6  
I've had a '04 Ranger 4x4 since, well, 2004, and really like it. Yesterday, I had the chance to drive a '10 Ranger 800 4WD with the extra seat around our hunting club. The difference is night and day. We were going around the club getting feeders out before gun season starts.

The first thing noticed was the ride. We would see holes or bumps coming up and would brace for the impact, then the vehicle would go over the obstacle and you hardly felt it. I think part of this was the suspension and part of it was the extra wheelbase length. Plenty of power. Handled mud holes with ease in 2WD. The only place my older machine beats it is turning around in woods off the trail, again, due to the length. In places where my older one would turn around, the longer one has to be worked back and forth a time or two. Wish I had one. Too busy paying for a new tractor.