Finally decided on an UTV - Kawasaki 4010 Mule

/ Finally decided on an UTV - Kawasaki 4010 Mule #1  

628pm

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota f2690, 2020 Kubota BX23S, JD Gator 2018 XUV835M HVAC
Had a 4010 Kawasaki mule delivered today. Only accessory I purchased was a top. Will now be in the market for a windshield and winch. If you have a 4010 what brand of windshield and winch do you have if you have those accessories.

Thanks.

Bill

/ Finally decided on an UTV - Kawasaki 4010 Mule #2  
Let me be the 1st to say...................... I'm sorry :(. Just kidding :D I just bought a yamaha rhino, added a winch and a snow plow it is great. I still need to get a windshield and top using a tarp now. good luck with your new tool/toy.

/ Finally decided on an UTV - Kawasaki 4010 Mule #4  
I bought a new 3010 mule last year, it is a diesel and it starts right up at at -10 and runs excellent, good working power. Aftermarket parts are also plentiful for the mules

/ Finally decided on an UTV - Kawasaki 4010 Mule #5  
I bought a gas 4010 mule a couple months ago. I have used it when I'm cuting firewood and this deer season. I was very happy with the load of wood it'll haul.

I bought a couple sheets of Lexan from the local glass dealer and looked up a thread on making your own windshield and roof, about half the price if you don't mind a home made job.

I haven't started the project, it'll probably happen this spring. Love the Mule.

/ Finally decided on an UTV - Kawasaki 4010 Mule #6  
I had a new Kawasaki 2510 4x4 Diesel Mule followed up by a new 2003 Kawasaki 3010 4x4 Diesel Mule. It wasn't fast but a great little machine. As time passes you'll find all types of accessories for the mules!!

I now have a Kawasaki 750 4x4i Brute Force (Gas) ATV that has surpassed all my expectations. It charges right through 2 feet of fresh snow with my 60" Moose County Plow without chains. The Moose County Plow is 18" high on the left side slanting up to 26" high on the right side and really curls and throws the snow. I have oversized 26-Inch ITP Terra Cross XD Tires that are amazing in snow. Kawasaki makes very good equipment!
Enjoy,
Jim

/ Finally decided on an UTV - Kawasaki 4010 Mule #7  
I bought a gas 4010 mule a couple months ago. I have used it when I'm cuting firewood and this deer season. I was very happy with the load of wood it'll haul.

I bought a couple sheets of Lexan from the local glass dealer and looked up a thread on making your own windshield and roof, about half the price if you don't mind a home made job.

I haven't started the project, it'll probably happen this spring. Love the Mule.

Where did you find the plans to make your own windshield? Thanks Ivan

/ Finally decided on an UTV - Kawasaki 4010 Mule #8  
I googled "homemade windshield for Mules". Basically I just measured the opening, leaving a space at the bottom to allow the "trunk" to open. I have a smaller piece cut to make a hinged bottom.

The instructions I saw used (aircraft) cable clamps that are rubber coated to hold the lexan in place.

I have not started the project yet, this spring/summer probably. Doesn't look like it will be that hard.

I also bought a sheet of lexan for the roof.

/ Finally decided on an UTV - Kawasaki 4010 Mule #9  
   / Finally decided on an UTV - Kawasaki 4010 Mule #10  
Ivan, if you go to the above link you will see the clamps I was talking about. The bottom piece will not be as pretty on mine but will be half the price.