Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,042
    Location
    CA
    Tractor
    2002 New Holland TC40S

    Default What's the battery CCA for a 3010 Mule?

    2008 Kawasaki 3010 Trans Mule 4X4 Diesel bought new: I have ordered a front winch mounting plate from Hunterworks that will take a Warn 4000lb or a Ramsey 5000lb winch. Kind of likely will go with the Warn RT40 but have not yet ordered as I want to measure the pre-drilled holes and install the winch plate first. The Warn RT40 requires the battery to be 500 CCA as a minium. My handbook (KAF950E Part No. 99987-1493) claims 52 amp Ah but no mention of CCA. What is the CCA of this factory battery?

  2. #2
    Gold Member Happyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    477
    Location
    Kents Store, Virginia
    Tractor
    Kubota Grand L 3940

    Default Re: What's the battery CCA for a 3010 Mule?

    I do not know the CCA, but I suspect you should be fine. I have the Warn RT30 on my 2008 3010 Trans 4x4 gas engine and the winch pulls fine. I also have an electric powered hydraulic bed lift on the same battery with no issues. Battery has never gone down or shown signs of weakness.
    Again...you should be fine. CCA (cold cranking amps) should not be as much of a factor as amp Ah's.
    Grand L3940 HST, Wallenstein BX62 chipper, Woods GTR72 tiller, Woods BH90-X backhoe, 724 FEL, forks, 1000lb PTO rotary spreader, Woods PRD8400 finish mower, Leinbach 7' landscape rake, United 7' box blade, Pequea 80 bushel manure spreader, Woods 7' Brush Hog.

  3. #3
    Epic Contributor jinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,011
    Location
    Texas - Wise County - Sunset
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

    Default Re: What's the battery CCA for a 3010 Mule?

    Quote Originally Posted by nickel plate View Post
    2008 Kawasaki 3010 Trans Mule 4X4 Diesel bought new: I have ordered a front winch mounting plate from Hunterworks that will take a Warn 4000lb or a Ramsey 5000lb winch. Kind of likely will go with the Warn RT40 but have not yet ordered as I want to measure the pre-drilled holes and install the winch plate first. The Warn RT40 requires the battery to be 500 CCA as a minium. My handbook (KAF950E Part No. 99987-1493) claims 52 amp Ah but no mention of CCA. What is the CCA of this factory battery?
    My Kawasaki Mule 3010 is a 2004 and came with a Yuasa 12 V, 18 Ah battery rated at 310 CCA. Here is a link to the Yuasa site.

    Oops! Just noticed you said diesel and the Yuasa site says the diesel battery is not available. Maybe the diesel uses another brand or size of battery.
    Jim


  4. #4
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,042
    Location
    CA
    Tractor
    2002 New Holland TC40S

    Default Re: What's the battery CCA for a 3010 Mule?

    Quote Originally Posted by jinman View Post
    My Kawasaki Mule 3010 is a 2004 and came with a Yuasa 12 V, 18 Ah battery rated at 310 CCA. Here is a link to the Yuasa site.

    Oops! Just noticed you said diesel and the Yuasa site says the diesel battery is not available. Maybe the diesel uses another brand or size of battery.
    I also found that out on the Yuasa site a couple of days ago. I just sent an e-mail to Kawasaki Tech a few minutes ago-let's see what happens.

  5. #5
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,042
    Location
    CA
    Tractor
    2002 New Holland TC40S

    Default Re: What's the battery CCA for a 3010 Mule?

    I have received the CCA answer from Kawasaki. 850 CCA at 32 degrees. This is only applicable to the Trans Diesel Mule and MAYBE the single seat Diesel Mule as the stock battery has a significiantly higher amp hour rating than the gasoline engine Mules.
    I'm very impressed with Kawasaki's techinical team's response time to my question. A matter of hours, not days or never.

  6. #6
    Epic Contributor jinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    21,011
    Location
    Texas - Wise County - Sunset
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

    Default Re: What's the battery CCA for a 3010 Mule?

    Great! You'll have plenty of "juice" to run that winch.
    Jim


  7. #7
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    316
    Location
    Phoenix AZ and offgrid weekend place south of Prescott
    Tractor
    John Deere 4500 and Mule 3010 (gas)

    Default Re: What's the battery CCA for a 3010 Mule?

    Quote Originally Posted by nickel plate View Post
    I have received the CCA answer from Kawasaki. 850 CCA at 32 degrees. This is only applicable to the Trans Diesel Mule and MAYBE the single seat Diesel Mule as the stock battery has a significiantly higher amp hour rating than the gasoline engine Mules.
    I'm very impressed with Kawasaki's techinical team's response time to my question. A matter of hours, not days or never.

    CCA is defined for 0 deg f but I doubt it is really going to affect winch performance. ;-)

    Frequently Asked Questions

    What does CCA mean?
    Cold Cranking Amps is a rating used in the battery industry to define a battery's ability to start an engine in cold temperatures. The rating is the number of amps a new, fully charged battery can deliver at 0ー Farenheit for 30 seconds, while maintaining a voltage of at least 7.2 volts, for a 12 volt battery. The higher the CCA rating, the greater the starting power of the battery.

    What are MCA or CA rates?
    This is a rating used to describe the discharge load in amperes which a new, fully charged battery at 32 degrees F (0C), can continuously deliver for 30 seconds and maintain a terminal voltage equal or greater than 1.2 volts per cell. It is sometimes referred to as Marine Cranking Amps or Cranking Amps.
    RavensRoost
    John Deere 4500, Kawasaki Mule 3010 (gas)

Similar Threads

  1. Do I Need a Battery This Big?
    By geobar in forum Construction Equipment
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 12:49 PM
  2. Mule 3010 Maintenance points
    By john_bud in forum ATVs & Utility Vehicles
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-08-2006, 12:25 AM
  3. Mule 3010 Trans 4X4
    By ShaleniFarm in forum ATVs & Utility Vehicles
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 08:48 PM
  4. Mule 3010 diesel or RTV...Which one?
    By RIPOIL in forum ATVs & Utility Vehicles
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 12:03 PM
  5. 2210 battery hold-down clamp is destructing
    By mhalla in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-08-2004, 08:43 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2013 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.