What's the battery CCA for a 3010 Mule?

/ What's the battery CCA for a 3010 Mule? #1  

nickel plate

Veteran Member
Tractor
2002 New Holland TC40S
2008 Kawasaki 3010 Trans Mule 4X4 Diesel bought new: I have ordered a front winch mounting plate from Hunterworks that will take a Warn 4000lb or a Ramsey 5000lb winch. Kind of likely will go with the Warn RT40 but have not yet ordered as I want to measure the pre-drilled holes and install the winch plate first. The Warn RT40 requires the battery to be 500 CCA as a minium. My handbook (KAF950E Part No. 99987-1493) claims 52 amp Ah but no mention of CCA. What is the CCA of this factory battery?

/ What's the battery CCA for a 3010 Mule? #2  
I do not know the CCA, but I suspect you should be fine. I have the Warn RT30 on my 2008 3010 Trans 4x4 gas engine and the winch pulls fine. I also have an electric powered hydraulic bed lift on the same battery with no issues. Battery has never gone down or shown signs of weakness.
Again...you should be fine. CCA (cold cranking amps) should not be as much of a factor as amp Ah's.

/ What's the battery CCA for a 3010 Mule? #3  
2008 Kawasaki 3010 Trans Mule 4X4 Diesel bought new: I have ordered a front winch mounting plate from Hunterworks that will take a Warn 4000lb or a Ramsey 5000lb winch. Kind of likely will go with the Warn RT40 but have not yet ordered as I want to measure the pre-drilled holes and install the winch plate first. The Warn RT40 requires the battery to be 500 CCA as a minium. My handbook (KAF950E Part No. 99987-1493) claims 52 amp Ah but no mention of CCA. What is the CCA of this factory battery?

My Kawasaki Mule 3010 is a 2004 and came with a Yuasa 12 V, 18 Ah battery rated at 310 CCA. Here is a link to the Yuasa site.

Oops! Just noticed you said diesel and the Yuasa site says the diesel battery is not available. Maybe the diesel uses another brand or size of battery.

/ What's the battery CCA for a 3010 Mule?
My Kawasaki Mule 3010 is a 2004 and came with a Yuasa 12 V, 18 Ah battery rated at 310 CCA. Here is a link to the Yuasa site.

Oops! Just noticed you said diesel and the Yuasa site says the diesel battery is not available. Maybe the diesel uses another brand or size of battery.
I also found that out on the Yuasa site a couple of days ago. I just sent an e-mail to Kawasaki Tech a few minutes ago-let's see what happens.

/ What's the battery CCA for a 3010 Mule?
I have received the CCA answer from Kawasaki. 850 CCA at 32 degrees. This is only applicable to the Trans Diesel Mule and MAYBE the single seat Diesel Mule as the stock battery has a significiantly higher amp hour rating than the gasoline engine Mules.
I'm very impressed with Kawasaki's techinical team's response time to my question. A matter of hours, not days or never.

/ What's the battery CCA for a 3010 Mule? #6  
Great! You'll have plenty of "juice" to run that winch.

/ What's the battery CCA for a 3010 Mule? #7  
I have received the CCA answer from Kawasaki. 850 CCA at 32 degrees. This is only applicable to the Trans Diesel Mule and MAYBE the single seat Diesel Mule as the stock battery has a significiantly higher amp hour rating than the gasoline engine Mules.
I'm very impressed with Kawasaki's techinical team's response time to my question. A matter of hours, not days or never.

CCA is defined for 0 deg f but I doubt it is really going to affect winch performance. ;-)

Frequently Asked Questions

What does CCA mean?
Cold Cranking Amps is a rating used in the battery industry to define a battery's ability to start an engine in cold temperatures. The rating is the number of amps a new, fully charged battery can deliver at 0ー Farenheit for 30 seconds, while maintaining a voltage of at least 7.2 volts, for a 12 volt battery. The higher the CCA rating, the greater the starting power of the battery.

What are MCA or CA rates?
This is a rating used to describe the discharge load in amperes which a new, fully charged battery at 32 degrees F (0C), can continuously deliver for 30 seconds and maintain a terminal voltage equal or greater than 1.2 volts per cell. It is sometimes referred to as Marine Cranking Amps or Cranking Amps.