Gun Racks for your RTV500??

/ Gun Racks for your RTV500?? #1  

gobraphil

Any ideas on where to mount them? Home made? Store bought?

/ Gun Racks for your RTV500?? #2  
If it will fit the RTV 500,Go with a overhead gun rack. They are great....
We have them installed on the RTV 900's and wouldn't have anything else.
Also, have a place to slide a third rifle in. The third rifle is there for shooting wild boars >>>> It hangs above & behind your head of the RTV >>>>

Would give you the names of these racks / gun storage. But learned, website frowns on naming things on the site ....

Picture is kinda leaning, best I could do for now !!!! Click on picture to enlarge ....

..... two guns

Attachments

• Overhead Gun Rack  Third Gun Storage.jpg
    Overhead Gun Rack Third Gun Storage.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 548
   / Gun Racks for your RTV500?? #3  
I put a set under the cab also, but I don't have all that steel tubing up there so I just drilled through the roof and used stainless machine screws.
I screwed one to the dash near the center so I can stand a gun up there.

/ Gun Racks for your RTV500?? #4  
2Gun: I'm suprised to hear that; I see people give ref. to where they got stuff all the time. It's very helpful.

/ Gun Racks for your RTV500?? #5  
I just let it sit on the seat and strap it in with the seat belt. Works great but only if your solo. When i have a passenger it fits nicley next to the parking brake handle. Another idea would be to mount 2 eye bolts in the dash and mount your gun upright secured with a bungee cord to the eye bolts. I had the rear window mounted case gun carrier but I didnt like the way it cut the visibility. Another thing the seat belt wont work for short guns like the Winchester 94 or Marlin 337 but for a shotgun or long gun works great.

/ Gun Racks for your RTV500??
two guns, any issues with headroom? does the 500 and 900 have the same amount of headroom?

/ Gun Racks for your RTV500?? #7  
two guns, any issues with headroom? does the 500 and 900 have the same amount of headroom?

There's a good amount of headroom in a 500...Unless you're 7ft tall:p

/ Gun Racks for your RTV500?? #8  
I looked at the overhead racks that Two Guns recommended for my RTV900, but felt it didn't give me the headroom that I needed. I ended up fabricating a removable bar that fits in the front stake pockets on the dump bed, and then put some Kolpin gun racks on that bar. It works fine, but doesn't give you the weather protection afforded by having it in the cab, and it obviously doesn't give you the quick access of having it in the cab. This is not an issue for me since I wanted it mainly for a place to put the gun while in transport. I'll try to get a picture.

/ Gun Racks for your RTV500?? #9  
2Gun: I'm suprised to hear that; I see people give ref. to where they got stuff all the time. It's very helpful.

Last time I give referance to something on where to buy something and I think I put a price on it, I got warned ....I got a private message that stated that advertising on the site was not permitted in the discussion forums without prior permission for Tractorbynet. I have no problem with that. Im just trying to stand by the rules, that is all. I gave referance threw private message.Staying between the lines.
On the part about headroom and the gun racks. We don't have any problem with headroom at all. The RTV's have very tall cabs.