2nd battery for 3010 TransMule

/ 2nd battery for 3010 TransMule #1  

wlwells@yahoo.com

I am thinking about putting a 2nd battery on my 3010 TransMule to run a winch and cd/radio. Has anyone added a 2nd battery to a TransMule? Where did you place the 2nd battery? Anybody have any ideas? The stock location is not big enough for a 2nd battery. I am not going to wire the 2nd battery into the 1st battery, just plan to hook up battery charger to 2nd battery when mule is parked (most of the time).

Thanks for your replies!

wlwells

/ 2nd battery for 3010 TransMule #2  
What about the battery from a Diesel transmule. My diesel has a battery about the size of a small car battery. Itl has a 52 amp hour battery with a 40amp alternator.

By looking at kawasaki's website the gas version only has an 18 amp hour battery. It doesn't say what size the alternator is.

Chris

/ 2nd battery for 3010 TransMule #3  
Why would you need a second battery? I have a 2007 3010 Trans 4x4 with a Warn winch (RT30) and a hydraulic bed lift (electric motor in the lift drives the hydraulics) all running off the stock mule battery and I have never had the battery go down.
I really don't think you need two batteries.

/ 2nd battery for 3010 TransMule #4  
i put a second battery on my hpx i had and it was a great thing cause i was able to hook up my power enverter to ti and power up eletrical tools and lights and never had the lights dim while doing any of it.i also had run a toyota alternator to it to so i had the stock battery being run off the stock system and the other marine deep cycle battery being charged up by the 110 amp alternator.i tell you i was never in the need for more power afetr that.

/ 2nd battery for 3010 TransMule #5  
Lots of room under seat for a second battery. Kawasaki offers a heavy duty charging system for gas 3010's can also use a marine "battery isolater" to charge the second battery while the unit is running but isolates the second battery when being discharged to protect the start battery. Have also set up seperate secondary battery and a solar panel to charge the second battery for inverter use. We mount the solar panel on the top of the roll cage.
firemech