info on 2000 john deere trail gator 4x2

/ info on 2000 john deere trail gator 4x2 #1  

JWH

can any one give me some idea what a 2000 john deere trail gator is worth
it has around 150 hours on it OD green no rust good tires v- bar chaines winsheild 2 extra seats? and arethere any problems i withe these gators i should know about? thanks for any info

Last edited:
   / info on 2000 john deere trail gator 4x2 #2  
I sold a similar 4 X 2 last October. MIne was a 2001 with 350 hours. It had the electric lift for the bed, good tires, plastic cheep windshield (almost worthless), good body but not perfect. I got $3500. I think I might have been able to get a few more bucks (the unit was really clean and functional), but I was anxious to be done with it. I had purchased a used Kubota RTV and needed to get rid of the Gator. PM me if you have additional questions.

/ info on 2000 john deere trail gator 4x2 #3  
I have also seen them go in the $3500 - $4000 range or a little higher if sold by a John Deer dealer. That one has very low hours on it so it should be at the higher end of the scale if the condition is good.

I picked up my 2001 model used for $2400 a year ago but that was with 2800 hours on it and overall good condition. I was worried about the hours until I saw some other used ones out there with 5000+ hours on them. The Kawasaki engine used in them is the same one that was or is used in the chiller units on reefer trucks and they run thousands of hours. There is not a lot that can go wrong with them they really are built pretty heavy duty and the air cooled engines require very little maintenance. Lots of parts on eBay for them to.

The only down side is no rear suspension (other than the 4psi tires), very low speed (around 15 MPH with a tail wind) and no 4wd. The newer TS/TX models have more horsepower and the TX has a rear suspension. I have been very happy with mine. It is a lot cheaper to run than my Kubota per hour and I tend to use it as a powered wheel barrow. I also have the electric bed lift and I have dumped full loads of stone etc. out of it.

/ info on 2000 john deere trail gator 4x2
IT NEEDS A LITTLE CLEANING BUT OTHER THAN THAT WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK (sorry for the caps)

DSC01886.jpg

/ info on 2000 john deere trail gator 4x2 #5  
Looks decent to me! I have a 2000 "turf gator" that I bought with about 70 hours last year in great shape for $3500. I added the front brush and fender gaurds like that one has for about $450.

Look in my Picasa album: Turf Gator

yours looks like a new one! mine needs cleaned and shined. you got a good deal.

/ info on 2000 john deere trail gator 4x2 #7  
can any one give me some idea what a 2000 john deere trail gator is worth
it has around 150 hours on it OD green no rust good tires v- bar chaines winsheild 2 extra seats? and arethere any problems i withe these gators i should know about? thanks for any info

I've had that Gator for 10 years now, and have been amazed that it holds up so well and keeps taking a lot of punishment. Just keeps going and going. Turf tires have handled a lot of woods travel with no complaints or even slow leaks. Really has surprised me.

Great for the grand kids to drive (with instructions and no fooling around) and be reasonably safe from going too fast and tipping over.

I'd expect the 3500-4000 range to be good price. They hold their value because they hold up well, and because they are green. Does make a difference.

thanks for all the info guys, does any one know how much it would cost to have my gator serviced?:eek:

/ info on 2000 john deere trail gator 4x2 #9  
looks like a good deal, they do hold their value more than any other color. i'd see about getting a shop manual and doing routine maint yourself, after the first trip to a dealer?

im trying to sell it, i dont need it, i took it on a trade for a box trailer i was selling im asking $3,500. for it. from th info i got here i think thats a good price.