2008 Trans Mule diesel rear plastic fenders stress cracking

/ 2008 Trans Mule diesel rear plastic fenders stress cracking #1  

nickel plate

Veteran Member
Tractor
2002 New Holland TC40S
I have a 2008 3010 Kawasaki Trans Mule diesel which I purchased new in October 2009 so it is still under the one year warranty. It just twisted 50 hours so I took it in to the dealer for it's first servicing and squawked the two rear plastic fenders which both have cracks about an inch long (and running) extending from the two outer screw bolt connections on the top of the fenders. I think the diesel units vibrate moreso than the gassers (?) and as such might be the reason for the cracking. I feel they should be replaced under warranty-anyone else have this problem?
Do note that the newer 4010 version has a different rear fender configuration that appears far more secure to the dump bed-not dangling below on a simple strut which is prone to vibration. Please look at your 3010 rear fenders and post in.

/ 2008 Trans Mule diesel rear plastic fenders stress cracking #2  
Had to replace the left rear fender on our 2006, 3010, Trans4X4, Gas. It cracked not from vibration, but from goats using it as a footrest while they perused the contents of the bed. The right side is still OK. Guess the goats are all southpaws, or is it southhooves?

/ 2008 Trans Mule diesel rear plastic fenders stress cracking
Had to replace the left rear fender on our 2006, 3010, Trans4X4, Gas. It cracked not from vibration, but from goats using it as a footrest while they perused the contents of the bed. The right side is still OK. Guess the goats are all southpaws, or is it southhooves?
Thank you for your funny but this is an issue beyond funny. My Mule is currently under warranty and both of the rear fenders are cracked due to vibration and I am requesting other 3010 Mule owners to come forward with similar issues so I can address Kawasaki for a rear fender replacement for all of us with this condition. No goats PLEASE.

Last edited:
   / 2008 Trans Mule diesel rear plastic fenders stress cracking
I just picked it up from the shop where it got the 50 hour service and NEW WARRANTIED REAR FENDERS! I'm going to add an aluminum plate glued and same bolted to the underneath of each fender to help spread the vibration away from the bolts.