Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Default Considering tracks for a Kawasaki Mule 610

Hello... Second post here on Tractorbynet...
    I need your feedback opinion on the following. I currently have a 1989 Skidoo Tundra which I am considering trading in for Tatou tracks that would go on my 2007 Kawasaki Mule 610.

My Tundra doesn't really go fast, therefore it should not be any different with the Mule. I only want to use it around the house to pull kids in sleds. Has anyone ever installed tracks on a Mule 610? How did it perform? Would you recommend it? I can get a good deal on a used set of snow only Tatou tracks. Hopefully someone has some insight..
    Thanks

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Massey GC2300

Default Re: Considering tracks for a Kawasaki Mule 610

I know this is a really old thread, but thought I would throw this out there....

I don't know if the 610 really has the power to swing a set of tracks. I've thought of doing this myself, and if I came across a set of tracks at a REALLY good price (as in, free), I might throw them on just to see how they run. But I would think for the 610 to swing them, they'd have to be geared way low, and your speed would be considerably slower than it already is. Of course, even 10 miles and hour over DEEP snow is better than no miles per hour over deep snow.

If the OP is still around, let us know if you ever tried this.

NV

Tractor
    John Deere 2720

I did end up purchasing a set of tracks for the Mule 610. It gave us plenty of hours of fun. Obviously it didn't go fast... Maybe 10mph tops... But it went everywhere. -image-jpg

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Massey GC2300

Quote Originally Posted by MGB2720 View Post
    I did end up purchasing a set of tracks for the Mule 610. It gave us plenty of hours of fun. Obviously it didn't go fast... Maybe 10mph tops... But it went everywhere. -image-jpg
    That's awesome! What model Tatou tracks are those? I don't think I'd go out and search for a set, but if I ever happened across a good deal...

NV

Tractor
    John Deere 2720

Quote Originally Posted by NVBigBlue View Post
    That's awesome! What model Tatou tracks are those? I don't think I'd go out and search for a set, but if I ever happened across a good deal...

NV
    The set I ended up buying are made by TJD... I have the X-track model. They also have the X-gen that has a built in suspension. The price was roughly $3200 at the door.. Brand new.. I still have them but now they are mounted on a Polaris Ranger Midsize 800. If you find some TJD x-tracks but need the mount for the mule, it's available.