PUG F570

/ PUG F570 #21  
Parts are easily available as almost everything is NAPA standard. All the wheel bearings, for example, are identical and inexpensive. The frame is simple welded steel tube. Brakes, transmission, are Eaton. Engine is B&S Vanguard. The only thing you have to get from Pug (Bob Keith sold to a guy in KY and he's got every part these need) are axle shafts...and you better not need those or you've just abused the machine. I really cannot think of anything you can't get at NAPA or fix with a welder. They are very simple, very rugged machines. These things are built to work, not run around the trailer park.

/ PUG F570 #22  
These are Eaton transmissions and still in production - you can buy parts from them if you like. I can't remember the model number but you can find them on the web.

/ PUG F570 #23  
I need a drive belt for a Pug F570 6x4. Also, I had the front tires on my pug drop off into a wash out. We pulled it back so the front tires were back on the road however now it is hard to get in and out of gear and to get into neutral - we actually have to shut the engine off in order to shift and starting it in gear is a bit wild. What can be done to fix this?

Drive belts are ordinary snowmobile drive belts. Take the one you have to a snowmobile dealer and match it up or contact Joe at Pug in Kentucky. PM me for his phone.

/ PUG F570 #24  
I misspoke on this original post...the trans is not an Eaton but a Spicer. Had a brain clank when I wrote it I guess. Spicer is a Dana Corporation company and a client of mine. Eaton is also a client and I suppose I mixed them up that day. So, for the record, it is a SPICER trans, a model 12, and I know the design engineer responsible for maintaining production engineering on this transmission at Spicer...so I actually do know what I'm talking about but clearly don't pay attention to my own editing sometimes. TTFN.

/ PUG F570 #25  
I work at a grave yard and would like to know if anyone here is interested in selling one of there PUG or directing me to where I can find some of the hard to find parts thanks

/ PUG F570 #26  
Can you send me Bob Keith info so I can see if he has another copy of the manual?

I have a PUG F570 that we picked up for our local baseball assoc and had it for a week and the drive belt snapped.

Does anyone know where I can find a replacement drive belt for it?

/ PUG F570 #27  
love to get an copy of f570 manul how can i contact Bob Keth i need to fix my brakes were can i get parts ? Thanks for any imput

/ PUG F570 #29  
I misspoke on this original post...the trans is not an Eaton but a Spicer. Had a brain clank when I wrote it I guess. Spicer is a Dana Corporation company and a client of mine. Eaton is also a client and I suppose I mixed them up that day. So, for the record, it is a SPICER trans, a model 12, and I know the design engineer responsible for maintaining production engineering on this transmission at Spicer...so I actually do know what I'm talking about but clearly don't pay attention to my own editing sometimes. TTFN.

I need a new trans the mount hole on mine cracked had it welded but broke years later. The numbers on it are 012ch166 but can not find that model online. Can you check with your guy and see if there is a new part number for the same trans with the same mount options and gear ratios?

/ PUG F570 #30  
I am not sure if mine has a broken woodruf key or is just out of lubricant. If I push the mechanism under the dump all the way to the forward position it will engage. I can tie it there with wire but it still tries to jump out of forward, especially when going up hill. Does this sound like a woodruf key issue?

Thanks for all advice