New Case IH Scout XL Diesel Limo. (Tons O' Pics)

/ New Case IH Scout XL Diesel Limo. (Tons O' Pics) #1  

WOEII

Links!

I don't know anything about welding but should they not have been cleaned up? Also 4x4 engaging arm has frays on it. :ashamed:

/ New Case IH Scout XL Diesel Limo. (Tons O' Pics) #2  
Just cause you have a little splatter doesn't hurt if the weld is good!!!!

Otherwise you might need to paint it all to hide how it was built!!!!

How do you think your machine might have looked before it was painted?

/ New Case IH Scout XL Diesel Limo. (Tons O' Pics) #3  
Looks good to me, I like the aluminum frame and the welds don't look bad to me. I'll admit I might have used some anti spatter spray if I was planning to sell this to the public but the spatter isn't too bad and doesn't negatively impact the strength of the weld. If I didn't already have a RTV I'd look at the Case :thumbsup:

/ New Case IH Scout XL Diesel Limo. (Tons O' Pics) #4  
Way to big for me. Did I miss something, but I don't see high or low range. If true, that would limit it quite a bit.

Do like the general look though.

/ New Case IH Scout XL Diesel Limo. (Tons O' Pics) #5  
Did I miss something, but I don't see high or low range. If true, that would limit it quite a bit.

It's a CVT transmission so it wouldn't have a dedicated hi/low range

/ New Case IH Scout XL Diesel Limo. (Tons O' Pics) #6  
It's a CVT transmission so it wouldn't have a dedicated hi/low range

That would 'splain it. Even so, my neighbor's sportsman has a CVT and he has high/low..it is a quad though.

/ New Case IH Scout XL Diesel Limo. (Tons O' Pics) #7  
That would 'splain it. Even so, my neighbor's sportsman has a CVT and he has high/low..it is a quad though.

Good point, I guess they could have used a hi lo arrangement as well.

/ New Case IH Scout XL Diesel Limo. (Tons O' Pics) #8  
Good point, I guess they could have used a hi lo arrangement as well.

It's the industrial/farm/construction UTVs that are typically single range, capable (likely governed) of 25 MPH. Polaris RZR and Ranger, Kawasaki Teryx, Arctic Cat Prowlers and the Yamaha Rhinos all have High and Low ranges. On my Rhino 450 this shifting is done internal to the tranny case, where you're also shifting from forward to reverse.

Low range is good to about 25 MPH (like most Gators, Kubotas, Mules, etc.) while High range is limited by the governor on my 450 to about 37 MPH. The larger Rhinos (660 and 700) have different internal gearing, and are governed to about 43 MPH.

In trail riding, I don't use Low range very often -- primarily if rock crawling or going down a very steep slope. Otherwise High range has enough low-end power to climb most anything.

I do use Low range if towing a trailer or hauling a heavy load...

/ New Case IH Scout XL Diesel Limo. (Tons O' Pics) #9  
it just looks like some bb's to me and it also looks like stainless steel not aluminum the welds seem to be tied in perfectly and i would trust them anyday from what i see it's one welll built machine the only gripe is they culd have used a paint scraper on the bb's .i also hope that the frame and other main parts are not made from aluminum that will bend and cause some very bad damage if not get someone injuered. but overall that is one of the toughest transports i seen todate it even looks better built that the polaris and the mule.

/ New Case IH Scout XL Diesel Limo. (Tons O' Pics) #10  
oh on a quik note don't go to the welding store to get that 7.00 or 8.00 antispatter thats a waist of money go to walmart and get the none stiick cooking spray like pam it works great and thats all i useand it only cost 1.50 a can you can even get the butter flavor so that way you can get that nice butter smell when welding.