kawasaki mule 3010 running on one cylinder

/ kawasaki mule 3010 running on one cylinder #1  

luckybottom

Tractor
John Deere 401
I have a 2003 mule that is only running on 1 cylinder (the back one). I have replaced the plug, plug wire, and coil. The wires running to the coil show good continuity. I also had problems with the fuel pump relay and replaced it, did not work so hard wired fuel pump to batter + terminal with a clamp. Any ideas where to go from here to get cylinder working?

/ kawasaki mule 3010 running on one cylinder #2  
Do you see any gasoline on the plug in front cylinder after running it, e.g. is it wet?

If not, then carb is likely cause and Seafoam may or may not help.

If you do see gas:
Test the front cylinder for spark by removing spark plug and connecting it to plug wire, ground the plug on engine and crank while looking for good spark. (May need a 3rd hand)

Take the front valve cover off and watch valve actuation while cranking to make sure no issues there.

Also, once you get it running on 2 cylinders, consider adjusting the valves. I know on our 3010 that adjusting the valve lash made a huge difference in how it started and idled.

/ kawasaki mule 3010 running on one cylinder #3  
kawasakimotorcycle.org/forum/kawasawi-atv-mule
Probably a few more Mule specific folks over there too. A fellow who goes by RCW is very knowledgeable and has helped me in the past with my 3010 Trans Diesel.

/ kawasaki mule 3010 running on one cylinder #4  
Well,you got a 610 now,[my 610 runs just fine,on one]

/ kawasaki mule 3010 running on one cylinder #5  
I had a 3010 that had a stuck valve. Same symtoms. Had to remove head and clean valve stem. Just a build up of carbon on the stem. I'll bet you have no compression on that cylinder.

/ kawasaki mule 3010 running on one cylinder
Thanks to all for your ideas. Once I get the tractor back running I will get back to the mule to try your suggestions.

/ kawasaki mule 3010 running on one cylinder #7  
Thanks to all for your ideas. Once I get the tractor back running I will get back to the mule to try your suggestions.

I have a 01-02 Factory Service Manual if you need anything looked up, let me know. It covers 3010-3020-3000.